Razorback weapon loadout

1Drop

Right so I've just opened one of my RB's and it only looks like there are twin linked lascannons and another weapon that looks like a twin linked heavy bolter or something and what also looks like a storm blotter and a missile launcher!

Where's my las/plas? Where's my twin linked assault cannon etc? Do I have to make these myself? Not impressed at all :P

EDIT: ok so the box doesn't have the other weapons... How do I make the las/plas loadout then, I'm nearly pulling my face off with frustration here... ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

unfortunately there has never existed a las/plas sponson... and the bets place to get the assault cannons is from teh crusader conversion kit.

so what i guess im saying is that you have to make then yourself yes. i had to buy two conversion kits to get the assault cannons (i am terrible at converting stuff)

unfortunately there has never existed a las/plas sponson... and the bets place to get the assault cannons is from teh crusader conversion kit.

so what i guess im saying is that you have to make then yourself yes. i had to buy two conversion kits to get the assault cannons (i am terrible at converting stuff)

How do I do the las/plas then, what do I need to buy etc?

I thought I was gonna have a chill afternoon building my RB's, but no, more parts I need and it's gonna take another two weeks till I can build them atleast..... Just shoot me please.

Yeah, I know. It sucks! I had a fantasy about GW making a asscan/lasplas kit and include it in BA battleforce so that we actually had a reason to buy it, but no.

I think the Ravenwing battleforce comes with alot of asscans, so if you have a friend playing them maybe you can get some?

The las/plas ain't that hard to do. Take the twin lascannons, cut the barrel from one and insert a plasmagun there instead. Easiest way to do it. Magnetize them so you can strip one if you get a weapon destroyed.

How do I make the las/plas loadout then, I'm nearly pulling my face off with frustration here... ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Here's some tutorials I did that should help:

Las/Plas: http://dedard.blogspot.com/2011/01/convert...win-linked.html

TL AssCannon: http://dedard.blogspot.com/2010/04/blood-a...ons-part-3.html

TL Heavy Flamer: http://dedard.blogspot.com/2011/01/liber-s...converting.html

Thanks dude... But in your pics I'm pretty sure that's a plasma cannon and not a plasma gun you have used!? Do I need to use a plasma cannon or would a regular plasma gun be fine? Also the asscan bit, what would be the best way to get that? Bits website?

Great tutorials. To bad that the TL Heavy Flamer had so few pics, since that's the one I want to make, but I fully understand the principles for making one now.

Do you think it's possible to use the Heavy Flamers from my Baal Predator instead?

Go to Ebay. Buy the Stormraven Assault cannons, landspeeder ones, landraider ones, or the best bet since Stormraven is still new, the Baal turret ones which if you only buy the gun itself and no other bits, goes regularly for $3 shipped and you get a housing/casings for it too. In a pinch, buy even the ones from the Tornado assault cannons from GW's site (at $4 each).They fit with some filing.

I bought one pack from GW, two baal predators, swap out the one from my landraider crusader occasionally, and my Stormraven ones are magnetized just in case I take lascannons on it. The hardest bit to get it the mount for on top of the Razorback, but since you bought the box you should have those. The weapons can be bitted out.

I have the SR asscans cos I'm using the las so I could use them but I'm not loading my RB's out with asscans, I'm going las/plas and the tutorial I was shown in this thread is spot on, I just need to order 4 plasma cannons and two raven wing asscans and I'm sorted but actually I may as well get six plascans and 3 RW asscans cos I have three RB's in the list in building for!

Great tutorials. To bad that the TL Heavy Flamer had so few pics, since that's the one I want to make, but I fully understand the principles for making one now.

Do you think it's possible to use the Heavy Flamers from my Baal Predator instead?

What specifically do you want additional pics of? I'll gladly take some more.

EDIT: Did you click and go on to Part 2? http://dedard.blogspot.com/2011/01/liber-s...verting_17.html

Thanks dude... But in your pics I'm pretty sure that's a plasma cannon and not a plasma gun you have used!? Do I need to use a plasma cannon or would a regular plasma gun be fine? Also the asscan bit, what would be the best way to get that? Bits website?

It's a plasmagun. Plasma cannons are huge. I always use the seller Hoard O Bits on eBay. This is the auction I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/WARHAMMER-40K-BIT-DARK...5#ht_1025wt_907 This dude owes me a cut on these auctions. Ever since I did these tutorials, the price has doubled. :D

It's a plasmagun. Plasma cannons are huge. I always use the seller Hoard O Bits on eBay. This is the auction I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/WARHAMMER-40K-BIT-DARK...5#ht_1025wt_907 This dude owes me a cut on these auctions. Ever since I did these tutorials, the price has doubled. ^_^

Yeah I think I only really need the autocannon bits then I'm sorted but I could probably do with ordering a few plasmas too, think I may just order two blisters of metal ones from GW cos I want them for RAS and HG loadouts too!

TheHarrowers tutes are indeed great, I have used the one for the TLAC and will most certainly be using the Las/Plas one. There is a place on ebay called ''Horde of Bitz'' where you can get a good deal on Ravenwing battleforce spares, you get loads of assault cannons and quite a few power weapons as a bonus :D

not quite true, there is no "new" model, They used to make one, back with the older rhino kits. really ugly, but they did make one.

Most people take the lascannon turret, cut one of the barrels off, and glue a plasma pistol/rifle in its place

TheHarrowers tutes are indeed great, I have used the one for the TLAC and will most certainly be using the Las/Plas one. There is a place on ebay called ''Horde of Bitz'' where you can get a good deal on Ravenwing battleforce spares, you get loads of assault cannons and quite a few power weapons as a bonus :tu:

I'll have to check that out, do they just sell the sprue with loads of goodies left on it like?

unfortunately there has never existed a las/plas sponson
Oh?...gallery_43967_6056_4020.gif

Sure, I made one using the old metal Baal sponsons along with a little plasticard and greenstuff, it should be even easier with the new plastic stuff:

gallery_43967_5759_1492167.jpg

The Harrower has you setup right for the ass cannon and las/plas setups. You can buy the ass cannon sprue from GW for 20 bucks if you want, but you can make 3 of them for $20 with the DA sprue from ebay.

I'll have to check that out, do they just sell the sprue with loads of goodies left on it like?

It's the same auction I linked to earlier.

Yep oops, I missed that! It is your blog where I got the link originally. Great tutorials sir :)

Archived