Blood and Rust... A Punishers Project

looking good mate!

but look out for the trophies! for example the melta gunner looks like he will be in a standing pose, but the trophy hand on his left pauldron looks like he's moving.

if he's supposed to be standing still, you should angle the hand downwards some more.

nonetheless nice marines with a very brutal/evil feel to them!

just watch those nasty mold line buggers :woot:

Looking great!

....Strange that I just get done reading the Dark Hunters story in "Legends of the Space Marines" and then run across this topic. *Twilight Zone theme plays* B)

They both look awesome man .. The only thing I'd say is the first guy straight ahead looks a little bow legged :D .. maybe it's just the shot though. From the sides and back it looks fine. But again loving the collection of bits, makes him look complete but not crowded.

Still looking coooooool as heckables :lol:

Though the spine thing.. as much as I like the idea, I think the execution isn't quite what it could be. Spines are a bit more slack than that, I think (not that I've had personal experience) but it wouldn't be quite so straight as to be able to hold the it like a lollipop ;) plus, it doesn't quite look like a spine, but I'm sure a paintjob could fix that right up if you don't want to remodel the whole thing.

Looking forward to more man! You're inspiring me to go make my troops a little more badass than regular line-infantry; I'm very impressed.

Spines are a bit more slack than that, I think (not that I've had personal experience) but it wouldn't be quite so straight as to be able to hold the it like a lollipop

I kind of come to the same conclusion...because I have seen the Predator movies too many times. I'd say have him holding the new trophy near where the skull meets the neck and have the spine 'dangle' from the rest of his grip. Then go to town with gore on that part.

Looking forward to seeing some paint slapped on!

Just looked through this thread, awesome stuff!!! I can't wait to see these painted. You really captured the individual feel of them. Not only are they astartes, but traitors and pirates to. Thanks for the nod as well. I like your MK IV helmet guy, same helmet, shoulder pad and mini shield... maybe its the same guy? We all know Red Corsairs have loose allegiances. Maybe the Punishers paid him a good price... :D

Nihm- Shut up! *throws glue bottle* I hate you!

Wicced- Thanks man. I think I see what you're getting at, so I'll take a look at it and see if I can fix that.

Reldn- Yeah, that was a pretty good short story. Thanks.

Goose/Hush- yeah I know, it's not my best greenstuff work :/ Think I'm gonna have give it another try when I get the free time (which should hopefully be soon)

Nurgling- Wow, that's high praise indeed. Your skill with a brush is awe inspiring and i love seeing all of your astral claws. Sure, let's make him the same guy. Does he have a name? And as far traitors, the Punishers are not so much corsairs as they are a collection of traitor astartes with the common goal of slaughtering the human race and enslaving the survivors to use as cattle. :rolleyes:

Evening brothers. Thought I'd give you all another nice update showing two more marines.

First up we have our squad heavy bolter, inspired by Mercution from Blood Reaver.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1330.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1331.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1332.jpg

and lastly we have our last standard marine for first squad.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1345.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1346.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1347.jpg

That's 9 squad members gentlemen. That means only the big bad champion and their pimp mobile is left. :P

Enjoy.

Looking good man .. The skulls and gore on the spikes of the last guy already looks nasty with just the stipped paint. The colors make it look like blood and bone.. "Not only will I take your skull Space Wolf but also your gun!" :D

Oh boy oh boy am I looking forward to the big bad champion! You realise we are expecting a LOT when the normal dudes are this awesome looking? :D

The heavy bolter dude, I think needs some redoing of the greenstuff. I like the skull on the bolter, but that strap that's holding in place could use a little work. I suggest just moving it off the barrel entirely and back onto the main body of the gun, especially since the strap thing is covering the heat vents on the barrel which means it would presumable burn up pretty fast? I don't know how guns work. But that, and what he's holding the gun with could use some filing down for a smoother finish.

The second guy looks great, except that he kiiiinda looks like he's tripping over that greenstuff rock.. -_-

Anyway, keep up this fine work! I expect great things from your Champion!

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1332.jpg

I like that you gave the Heavy Bolter man a spare belt of ammunition. It's a nice touch. Whenever I read the novels I'm always wondering about their ammunition. Most authors describe bolt after bolt being fired, sometimes on extended trips, but I can't remember the last time ammunition was ever a factor outside of "Brother Badicus slammed another magazine home and let loose a salvo from his bolter, arterial blood and chunks of meat flying everywhere..." It's only worse if someone in the book is carrying a flamer, because really, how many gallons of promethium can one carry? But I digress... Nice looking warband you've got coming along!

Thanks for all the awesome feedback guys, loving all the love and whatnot.

But I have a question to ask. For my Khorne berzerker squad, I wanted something a little different from the CLICHE World Eaters and I did not feel interested in making them Punishers either.

So I want to know, what you guys think I should do with them. Where they should come from and whatnot. Im toying with the idea of Blood crazed Space Wolves, or something like that but I will look further into it.

Any advice?

Hmmm, your desire for Khornate marines might be well filled by The Sanctified. Short version: they're Word Bearers who decided that they weren't killing enough, set out on their own and dedicated themselves to Khorne.

Being of Word Bearer stock, they could explain the origins of the Daemonic influence among the Punishers (sort of like how the Word Bearers converted the Sons of Horus), and would probably be responsible for any Summoned Daemons. Visually, the largish spots of black on their armour would help tie them in with The Punishers, who have the large black bones painted on their armour.

Very good job modeling those guys, you've reposed them really well. Changing the stock "Combat Squat" makes marines look far better.

Archived