Fulgrim Daemon Primarch Full size.

So this weekend, I'm going to start my most ambitious project yet. I'm going to make Fulgrim in his full glory. Using the bottom half a a Tyranid Trygon, and the upper half of a plastic Daemon Prince. Artwork has always shone him in this form because when the Daemon that possessed him took over, it took the form of the lyrans he so fell in love with. Probably gonna green stuff the hair, and use two daemon prince arms for his upper arms, and two giant scything talons for his lower limbs, molded into his lats and back with grey and green stuff.

Now what i'm not sure what to do is with the basing. I'm thinking of doing the space marine casualties combined with some tacticals or something to Iron hands coming after the "man?".

Any input? Experience with these models? Tips? Comments?

im really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

i personally dont have as much modelling experience as i would like, but im working on it and from what i have done ive learned that pre constructed "Dark Ages" resin bases are fun and easy to work with. i did one for my daemon prince which i have pictures of in the gallery. the only problem i can think of is whether they have a base thats the right size/style for what your working for. you might want to look into it online or at your local gaming store. good luck man :lol:

If it's decently into the Heresy, I'd recommend having some Daemonettes writhing out of his coil. Remember to make one of the blades much more ostentatious and Slaaneshi than the other. If you want it to be a 'fight', then sure, have some Hands charging him. If it's a 'slaughter', show some Eldar running away in abject Eldarness.

im really looking forward to seeing where you go with this.

i personally dont have as much modelling experience as i would like, but im working on it and from what i have done ive learned that pre constructed "Dark Ages" resin bases are fun and easy to work with. i did one for my daemon prince which i have pictures of in the gallery. the only problem i can think of is whether they have a base thats the right size/style for what your working for. you might want to look into it online or at your local gaming store. good luck man :lol:

I'm going to use the Trygon's base since the tail will fit and leave a good portion in the middle for the casualites. I was thinking of having the face down model and the shooting model on the base, and I have a chapter banner from a Command squad i didn't use. So i'll have a banner bearer impaled on one of the talons or in his hand being crushed.

If it's decently into the Heresy, I'd recommend having some Daemonettes writhing out of his coil. Remember to make one of the blades much more ostentatious and Slaaneshi than the other. If you want it to be a 'fight', then sure, have some Hands charging him. If it's a 'slaughter', show some Eldar running away in abject Eldarness.

If i can fit the daemonettes on the base or out of his tail like you're saying that would be good.

None of them, IMO. He's a daemon, why would he need a backpack? And wings? No no, not inte the fluff ;)

- Natanael

actually he does have wings according the the art work and the fluff

He does? What artwork/fluff? I guess I've missed it. I thought that mortarion had wings but not Fulgrim. Well, then, I still vote none, but secondary vote goes to wings ;)

- Nat

He does? What artwork/fluff? I guess I've missed it. I thought that mortarion had wings but not Fulgrim. Well, then, I still vote none, but secondary vote goes to wings :D

- Nat

page 331 the Horus Heresy Collected Visions depicts him with both wings and a back pack, so.....i'd say both. also Mortarion, Angron, Fulgrim and Magnus the Red all had wings once they ascended to daemon hood

The chimney-like backpack is awesome. This is a very particular primarch...note how is designed the armour...four arms with scimitar-like swords, those black feather wings...

You have here a very special piece to work at...and tons of fun, ofc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Backpack AND wings? :) Well, I have seen that pic hundreds of times but never noticed the wings or the backpack it seems. At least I could not recall them. Still looking forward to pics of this beast.

- Natanael

Archived