Sternguard

1Drop

I like Sternguard, I've used them in the past and will likley use them again in future hybrid/mech lists. Clearly they have no place in my DoA/Jumpy list.

Sten = shooty/mech

Van = DoA

That's pretty much how I see both units, not that they have to be used like that but to get the most out of them, this is what I would use them for!

I'm thinking of getting my sten a pod instead of a transport! What do you guys think, transport or pod?

Captain Tycho, the relatively sane one, compliments the Sternguard really well since his Combi Melta can use the special issue ammunition.

I'd run him with 8 man Sternguard, 2 heavy flamers and a priest in a Rhino or drop pod.

Captain Tycho, the relatively sane one, compliments the Sternguard really well since his Combi Melta can use the special issue ammunition.

I'd run him with 8 man Sternguard, 2 heavy flamers and a priest in a Rhino or drop pod.

I'm thinking of making my own Tyco actually to utilise the 'chain-fist' idea to represent his 'dead mans hand' so that would give me even more reason to build him! I think I wanna go with a pod as I haven't got a pod yet and I love the idea of them.

I'm thinking of making my own Tyco actually to utilise the 'chain-fist' idea to represent his 'dead mans hand' so that would give me even more reason to build him! I think I wanna go with a pod as I haven't got a pod yet and I love the idea of them.

If you want to build a Tycho, then go for it. But in all seriousness, a Librarian is better, even if you use him for shooting. Shield will help those expensive 25 point models against plasma and all kinds of nasty death, and Lance is better than the fancy ammo/combi melta. Heck, even smite is better than the fancy bolter shots.

Tycho does have rites of battle (for reasons unknown ((a great killers song that everybody should hear)), but going from 9 to 10 isn't all that. Eeer, there was a thread on Tycho earlier.

BUT once again, if you want to make one, go for it =)

Archived