Murderous Hurricane vs Assault Grenades

Allright, the discussion popped up in a thread on another forum and I thought I would throw it out there and see.

A Rune Priest casts Murderous Hurricane on a unit of Ultramarines for exemple.

The turn finishes and now it's Ultramarine's turn

The unit now moves as if through difficult and dangerous terrain, they take a dangerous terrain check and move in closer. They shoot during their shooting phase and assault. Now since they must move as if through difficult and dangerous terrain, they assault at INI 1 correct?

Some say the assault grenades negate the penalty.

I say assault grenades are useless because, grenades as written negate the penalty while assaulting through COVER and there is no "cover" between the two units.

Murderous Hurricane does not grant a cover save or obscure vision in any way. It makes the ground uneven, slippery (difficult and dangerous) but does not grant a cover save.

What are your thoughts on that?

"Assaulting through cover" simply means "making a difficult/dangerous terrain check when assaulting." Assault grenades "don't suffer the penalty to their Initiative for assault enemies through cover" which simply translates to "don't suffer Initiative penalties when making a difficult/dangerous terrain check when assaulting."

Or in short, assault grenades function perfectly, ignoring the negative I modifier as normal.

Fluff does not equal rules; if they did, poison weapons wouldn't affect Necrons, a Tyranid Gaunt would be 2 points, and Marines would be almost unbeatable.

Fluff does not equal rules; if they did, poison weapons wouldn't affect Necrons, a Tyranid Gaunt would be 2 points, and Marines would be almost unbeatable.

shadow in the warp would cover the entire board, and all other boards in the same store with you, and make perils of the warp automatic for any non-tyranid psyker. Eldar would move more than 6" base, guard would deploy models in the thousands, terminator armor would get its save vs plasma, power fists would be rare and powerfull relics instead of being feilded on every other imperial model, and necrons would plow under everyone on the feild with little effort.

Archived