Quick modeling question about Furioso Dreadnoughts

Apart from the AOBR Dread its arms are on different Pegs but its not a huge thing to change.

Yeah I'd only compared it to the aobr dread! I'm actually thinking of converting my AoBR dread Ito a fragnaught.

The Furioso kit fits perfectly with the normal dread - I built a normal Furioso, then used the Libby bits to convert a normal dread super easy. The sarcophagus fits on perfectly. The AOBR dreads work with quite a bit of cutting and some GS, but I managed to get the DC sarcophagus to work. The arm holes on the normal arms are bigger than the AOBR arm ends, but a touch of GS or bluetac sorts that out.

It's an amazing kit for value - you can get so much out of it.

Reading this im wondering if i got the kit ye are saying i could buy two AOBR dreads and have a fragnaught, DC dread and a libby from the one kit???? If this is true i am a happy man my friends have two AOBR dreads and they do not use them.

Reading this im wondering if i got the kit ye are saying i could buy two AOBR dreads and have a fragnaught, DC dread and a libby from the one kit???? If this is true i am a happy man my friends have two AOBR dreads and they do not use them.

The special Sarcophogi from the Furioso Kit do not fit well on the AOBR dreads, but I took 2 AOBR Dreads and extra bits and built a frag furioso and a DC dread with talons just using the arms. I think I was short a powerfist arm to pull it off, but the AOBR dreads came with fist arms so the Frag dread has his old Powerfist arm and a Frag cannon.

I was gonna stick the frag cannon on the AoBR dread I acquired but I've plastic glued the multimelta on so that won't come off now, damn :P

The special Sarcophogi from the Furioso Kit do not fit well on the AOBR dreads, but I took 2 AOBR Dreads and extra bits and built a frag furioso and a DC dread with talons just using the arms. I think I was short a powerfist arm to pull it off, but the AOBR dreads came with fist arms so the Frag dread has his old Powerfist arm and a Frag cannon.

Im so getting the kit now thats just to good to be true 3 dreads for 47 euro

I was gonna stick the frag cannon on the AoBR dread I acquired but I've plastic glued the multimelta on so that won't come off now, damn :P

Put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and see if it works.

Yeah I could try that but plastic cement actually melts it together ^_^

The bigger problem is actually getting the front of the AOBR dread off cleanly. And there's some issues with getting the top above the head to match up cleanly. It can be done, but you'll need GS. But yeah, it's really worth making the effort. The other plus side of course is the fists - the talons are good but you get heaps of those little bite-sized talons that can go around the extra dreads as well.

Archived