Necron WBB Rule

Purdy81

Ive got a game coming up against my friends necrons and just wanted a bit of advice,

If he has a unit of three Necron Heavy Destroyers and I inflict 6 wounds does he have to only roll once for each Heavy Destroyer to get back up or would he have to roll against all of the wounds recieved?

Also he tends to run 2 squads of 3 heavy destroyers, If I take down all three in one squad they do not have the chance to get back up unless they are within 6'' another undamaged unit of the same type, what happens if only one of the wounded squad is within 6'' of the other unit? does his whole squad get the chance to get back up or just the one in range?

Basically he absolutley killed my armour in the last game, same im gonna target one squad at a time, with 12 missile shots hoping that all 3 in the unit will go down

He only rolls once for each model down. Once the model is down how many wounds it died by is irrelevant.

Generally, if any model in a unit is within 6 inches of another unit, then the entire unit is considered within 6 inches.

As WBB is on a model-by-model basis, only those models that are actually within 6" of another unit can get back up. Unless every Necron player since 3rd has been doing it wrong...:D

As WBB is on a model-by-model basis, only those models that are actually within 6" of another unit can get back up. Unless every Necron player since 3rd has been doing it wrong...:D

This is probably why I should refrain from answering questions without looking in the codex first. Couldn't remember if it was a unit by unit or model by model rule.

As WBB is on a model-by-model basis, only those models that are actually within 6" of another unit can get back up. Unless every Necron player since 3rd has been doing it wrong...^_^

This is probably why I should refrain from answering questions without looking in the codex first. Couldn't remember if it was a unit by unit or model by model rule.

I'm pretty sure RAW it's model by model, but how it seems to be played around here a lot is that to save time, if one model is in range of the similar unit then the whole of the unit can attempt to repair themselves. It may give the Necron player the advantage, but it seems like they need the advantage anyway.

Archived