Harbingers of Woe

I don't paint often so I'm hoping if I start posting stuff that I'll get going. I'm hoping to start up my homebrew chapter, the Harbingers of Woe. I mocked up something in the painter, but I'm not sure if it's something I want to go with. Let me know what you think. I'm pretty sure about everything except for the helmet, I don't know if I want to do yellow, white, red, or just save white and red for veterans. Also and always at a loss for weapon colors.

sm.php?b62c=@hidDl_i6Hn0@@@____hYuuN@@@@i9hS8i8khi@@@@__@@__@____@@@@@@@@@@@hEzK8@@@___@@@@@@_hLL9Jiakk7&

Looks like a good design. I don't think I've seen any armies like it on the table top. I suggest painting up a test marine since then you'll get a much better appreciation of how the colours look. As for the weapon colours, personally I would try to keep the number of colours to a minimum to tie it all together so if you're using red on the aquila use that for the weapons as well.

Considering the amount of black in the Marine colour-scheme I was pretty suprised at that Land Speeder; you don't seem to have followed it at all..?

It looks good though, that's not it, I'm just confuzzled.

That was just a random speeder I had around and painted it Imperial Fist style. I think this log will have a few random things like that just to break up the monotony of painting the same thing over and over.

And MagicMan, I went with white because I didn't feel like going insane with layers. Though there's still about seven on that one. Unfortunately when I put a little ink over the yellow to tone it down, it ruined the whole thing and made it look blotchy like that.

Archived