Successor chapters colour schemes

I'm looking to start an allied force of a Blood Angel successor for my space pups and am looking at which one to plumb for - I'm really looking for info on the colour schemes of the successor chapters which aren't in codex: BA.

I have tried searching and have come up with some successor names but not their colour schemes (e.g. Flesh Eaters, Blood Swords, Blood Legion).

Any info or link would be gratefully recieved.

Nos.

According to Lexicanum, Blood Swords look just like BA, but with white on the left shoulderpad.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blood_Swords

Flesh Eaters look pretty similar to BA

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Flesh_Eaters

No image is given for Blood Legion, but from one of Swallow's books they have this description at Lexicanum

Diagonal tiger stripes of red and lightning blue

Now, this is from Lexicanum, may not be accurate

Thats useful info, thank you.

I'm slightly disapppointed that there wasn't something with slightly less red in, but stepping back, that sounds ridiculous. May have to go with an all white death company army or something even more completely off the beaten track.

Hmm... Those Flesh Eaters on Lexicanum look different from those made by Chaplain Desmodus shown on flesheaters.net (not sure if the address is correct :) ). His were nearly black with red greaves...

Although, if you want less red, why not use Knights of Blood scheme?

And you can always come with your own scheme. My friend has his Angels of Faith almost all black with few red details. They look pretty cool. As for Death Co I think that grey may work to show their 'transition' to the world of dead :tu:

I'm slightly disapppointed that there wasn't something with slightly less red in, but stepping back, that sounds ridiculous. May have to go with an all white death company army or something even more completely off the beaten track.

I rock an all white DC :) ask James about it :)

I'm slightly disapppointed that there wasn't something with slightly less red in, but stepping back, that sounds ridiculous.

Far from ridiculous, all of the other (non-wolf) loyalist legions have managed to spawn successors with completely different colours (eg: Black Templars, Crimson Fists, Aurora Chapter, Brazen Claw, Disciples of Caliban), if anything the notion that the Blood Angels - a chapter reknowned for their artistry - are incapable of thinking outside the box is somewhat ridiculous.

I rock an all white DC :D ask James about it :D

They looked good. All white DC are becoming more popular, there are a few examples on the forum.

I guess I'm a traditionalist with my Black DC.

Personally, I'd throw all fluff out for a second, and concentrate on the look of the entire combined forces. Your BA successors and you SWs should have strikingly different colors, but at the same time they should compliment eachother (although not neccessarily be complimentary colors in the strict sense of the word).

*I'd say the rule of thumb is: Would the colors of your BA successors and colors of you SWs look good on a flag together?

Once you have your colors, you can come up with some blood related fluff to explain the colors of your successor chapter. White = white blood cell. Blue = Blue Bloods. Green = Xenos-Blood Spillers.

Archived