Inquisitor

ryebye

Ive been working on my art/true scale deathwatch kill team and thought I should really make a Inq to go with them, Ive always liked a Inq I made many moons away before I knew about greenstuff or stripping models. . .

Here is the original conversion, This model was painted several times red (first he was a blood angle), blue (ultramarine ish guys I decided to make) and then black, all with several layers of inks and washes ect

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/spitsfreeman/x_inq_1.jpg

Anyway as you can see its came out ok.. . . Below is the updated version! C&C really wanted!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/spitsfreeman/Inq_x_mkII_1.jpg

Yeah I gotta say this is pretty damn cool! I was getting ready to start criticising the static grass cloak :D but yeah, the greenstuff looks much better. Although to look like fur (if that's the point) I'd recommend doing what you've done there but when you've made all the holes and stuff, to take a pin in the holes and pull down the greenstuff a bit to make a more hairy look, if that made any sense?

But yeah he's a lot more grimdark-creepy-judgedread-y than a lot of the recent models which have started becoming parodies of themselves I think. Ahh back when Chaplains were scary..

Anyway great job!

Very nice second version, good use of disparate bitz. :tu:

(He seems to me like he's supposed to be working for the adeptus arbites. "I am the law." "Yes Inquisitor Dredd. Whatever you say...")

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Magicman I was trying to make him look quite imposing :-)

Cheers blackbabyjesus you have a good eye!

hehe Goosedamoose I thought the static grass cloak was ace when I first did it (seceral years back) but as you say the green stuff one looks much much better, as you say I think I need to make it alittle more "hairy" It will get another layer for sure! "judgedread-y" is a great discription!

Your right Olisredan the more I look at him the more I think "adeptus arbites" maybe a few more -]|[- signs/icons are in order!

Hmmm now spu00sed Ive beein thinking hard as to where the eagle came from.. and to be 100% I cannot remember BUT! I think it may have been either from a metal dread, or some kind of darkangles bannerpole/backpack banner :S sorry I cant be of more help but I know the parts over 5 years old lol

Yeap matchbox was it a issue about 10/11 years ago with a picture of a massive Blood angle army with buggys and a star warz walker type thing?

EDIT: Ok forget that! Ive just looked through a stack of old WD and finally found the issue I was looking for (well thought i was looking for) Issue 235 july (uk) page 50.... Then I discovered this wasnt where i got my inspiration..... Soooo help me out matchbox lol now I'm really confused Where did I get inspiration from?!? lol

Yeap matchbox was it a issue about 10/11 years ago with a picture of a massive Blood angle army with buggys and a star warz walker type thing?

EDIT: Ok forget that! Ive just looked through a stack of old WD and finally found the issue I was looking for (well thought i was looking for) Issue 235 july (uk) page 50.... Then I discovered this wasnt where i got my inspiration..... Soooo help me out matchbox lol now I'm really confused Where did I get inspiration from?!? lol

Erm... not to pee on your pancake but he said Red Dwarf, not White. Great model though!

Archived