Lord gunthars Salamanders

Lord gunthar here. I have been working on my salamanders recently and I have decided to share my progress with you guys.

My dreadnought ( Aobr with forge world arms ) has had the armour painted and I will be painting the metallics within a few days.

My terminators are 99% completed ( they have been for at least 6 months, the quality of painting isn't at my current standard ) I just need to freehand the salamanders symbol and paint the sides of the bases.

I have included 2 pics of the sergeant of my pip tac squad ( i got bored of green so i freehanded a banner, Happy with the detail but i didn't thin my paints enough )

More progress in... -insert unlikely to be met deadline here-

gallery_45376_4625_93851.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_94019.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_277976.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_120306.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_135976.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_60225.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_112954.jpg

Edit: internets on dial up at the moment, so slow. uploaded some photos lots of times and forgot to downsize one photo.

Good work on those Sallies. They are one of my favourite chapters (as you can tell from my name). Like the other guys said some extra bits on the banner would go a long way.

Keep up the great work.

Vulkan

Because i got 4 replys ( thats sad i know ) i decided to do another update ( fastest ever i think ).

I havn't really done much, Pictures of my librarian and a tac squad i want to undercoat but the weather won't co-operate.

I added some lettering to the other squads sergeants banner ( its supposed to say " into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war " but im not sure i did a good job.

I started painting the metal on the dread. Nothing photo worthy.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought about painting scales, but i havn't done them before and didn't want to risk the destruction of some of the best freehand i have ever done.

( that salamander symbol is only 3 mm across 2 mm high )

gallery_45376_4625_7588.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_19941.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_37870.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_98025.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_34241.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_66675.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_173351.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_12999.jpg

gallery_45376_4625_22043.jpg

I tried this autocorrect thing and the photos seem better than the last lot ( daytime photos with sunlight are still better, i have been taking photos at 10 pm )

Dread progress in a few days ?

I like how your green turned out, overall the color scheme is very vivid and, considering the finalized terminators, looks rather sweet.

I'd suggest only fixing a few highlights, like that on the commander's power fist, it looks a bit messy. Also, maybe try more than 1 layer of highlights for a smoother color scheme?

At any rate, looking forward to more!

That banner looks really good. Your green is also very eye catching, it has stark contrasts, which is something you don’t see a lot anymore. Keep at it! The only thing I would criticize is perhaps try getting the highlight line (since it strong and not blended) a little cleaner and not so “wavy”.

Laters

I just got the same Dread arms from FW in the mail today. I placed them on my AOBR dread and they fell right off as the holes in the arms are bigger than the bumps on the dread. Did you glue or use magnets? I like everything so far, keep it up!

I just got the same Dread arms from FW in the mail today. I placed them on my AOBR dread and they fell right off as the holes in the arms are bigger than the bumps on the dread. Did you glue or use magnets? I like everything so far, keep it up!

Thanks.

My aobr dread was fully assembled and half painted over a year ago. When i got the forge world arms i sawed off the standard arms, filed down the area where the bumps were and pinned the arms to the dread ( 2 in each arm ) then superglued them on. I would have liked to magnetise them but i dont have any magnets nor any spare dread arms ( excl the way to common mm/dccw combo )

When i make my second rifleman i will use the standard kit so i can swap the arms out.

Archived