WIP BA Vanguards

OoZo

I had the opportunity to buy a huge amount of Blood Angels for a very very cheap price.. They were all glued and very few were painted.

The previous owner had started to make an honour guard and used Dark Angel units. You know with coats. They simply looked amazing with the Blood angel death company shoulder pads and other BA fluff.

As the nerd I am I have followed Naruto for 10+ years, every thursday for 10 + years and I really love Akatsuki!

So my WIP is to make 10 Vanguards with Akatsuki cloaks and fitting weapons and faces as the characters in naruto!

So I will start with Madara(no weapons and a the mask), Itatchi, the shark guy(green stuff the sword), Sasori(thinking about a gretchin puppet), Hidan(the 3-bladed staff) and Deidera( some kind of greenstuff white toy next to him)!

What do you think about this? Is this a good or very bad idea?

Cheers

That's exactly what I'm doing for my HG (DA Vets bodies with SG winged jp's), I've got all the bits apart from the winged jp's from the SG box... I'm not putting the hoods on them though, I'm gonna use bare heads basically to make them look like our primarch Sanguinius and I will be writing my own fluff for them as they will be counts as HG, the unit will be named 'angels of death' I think quite a few people have used these models for various models in their BA armies which must mean it's a pretty good idea, haha.

EDIT: I think the Naruto idea is pretty good, I particularly like the grot puppet idea, looking forward to seeing this.

Naruto has been the highlight of thursdays for many, many years! And i really think it would give a nice touch to the army! :tu:

Geeks ftw! Photos of the progress will come up today!

Omg now you put pressure on me! But ill upload some pictures on this project! I have several projekts at the moment, but i feel these have to be perfect and are worth the extra fluff( like the gretchkins in lines for sasori). Ill upload something soon :lol:

Love

This thread has inspired me (also in a nerdy way).

I had already decided to put together a VV squad and name each of the members after my favorite authors. It hadn't occured to me customize the models and paint jobs to represent some of their most famous literature. This also makes me want to do a second new VV squad, with each individual model themed around my favorite artists (Van Gogh wouldn't be on my list, but imagine a Veteran in "Starry Night" themed armor).

As much as I frown on Narruto, B) I thank you for the inspiration.

P.S. I probably wouldn't do it, but a super hero team like the Avengers would be pretty cool, and probably easier than you'd think.

The obvious ones:

Iron Man: Mk II or III armor

Thor: Thunder Hammer

Wolverine: Lightning Claws

Steve Rogers or Captain America (even though they aren't currently on the Avenger team): Storm Shield

Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, The Protector and Hawkeye might be a little tougher.

This is fun. :D

Archived