Battlefoam Stormraven Trays

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some advice.

I need to sort out my army transport options as at the moment it just doesn't cut it. Presently I've got a pair of GW army case (the standard size) which is ok for the troops but I run fairly tank heavy armies (mech BA, tank heavy DA and also looking to build a mechanised platoon for IG) and every thing bigger then a marine gets transported in a variety of cardboard boxes wrapped in tissue paper and chunks of foam.

I've been looking at the Battlefoam trays, particularly the two Stormraven ones as it would fit most of the tanks for my BA, but have no idea what Battlefoam are like as I don't know anyone who uses it.

So what I'm asking the BA community, as you are the most likely to have the Stormraven trays in particular, is the following:

Has anyone got the Stormraven tray (Wayland games list it as pre order, but its been pre order for a long time) and if so is it any good?

What sort of bag will I need for the trays?

Is it worth spending that sort of money on a decent transport bag (I have to walk / get public transport to my games as I don't drive at present)?

If you don't think Battlefoam are worth it is there an alternative apart from the bigger GW case?

Cheers in advance for the replies

I was just thinking about getting one of those monster cases from GW but they are only limited which is well poopypants.. You can fit 3 stormravens in one of those like or like 12 razorbacks.

I'm still yet to buy any said transport cases but I also have a mech heavy army (or atleast will have when finished) and I also feel a couple of those 'monster' cases would be perfect for me but I don't want to buy them for a while as I don't need them yet and the money I spent on those could be put towards my army but the thing is they are limited edition and as I understand they are going fast and I feel by the time I come to buy two they will be no more so are there any other cases that are big enough to house stormravens and other tanks? I know you are talking about a SR tray here but I actually would like to just buy a case that would house said models, a case like the citidel monster but as I have already said, I'm pretty sure there will be none left by the time I come to buy a couple of them!

EDIT: just had a look at that foam tray and it looks good, so that would house a SR and two baal's? Also what do you do with the tray, can you get a case for this to go into or anything like that?

http://www.battlefoam.com/products/%28Spac...252d4.5%29.html here you go bud, there is one for 2 dreadnoughts if you look. :cuss

Thanks that link has a bit more size information on it than the one at Wayland. I'm UK based so I need to look at a UK stockist to keep shipping down but the information was a help.

Ive seen it in person and it is EXCELLENT. strongly recommended. It will fit the motorpool army transport bag, or any of the other army transport that have the squarer size.

Cheers for that recommendation.

I was thinking of getting the following:

Stormraven Tray:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/A...prod_11782.html

Land Raider Tray:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/A.../prod_7663.html

Pack 720

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/B.../prod_9205.html

plus it leaves 3" of foam depth for another tray or two or space for books etc. Problem is the rest of the trays seem to be cut for combinations I don't need (losing some of the useful space). I could get pluck foam ones, but I feel I won't get as good a fit as the pre cut versions.

Anyone got the Pack 720 that can comment?

Ive seen it in person and it is EXCELLENT. strongly recommended. It will fit the motorpool army transport bag, or any of the other army transport that have the squarer size.

Cheers for that.

I was thinking of getting the following:

Stormraven Tray:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/A...prod_11782.html

Land Raider Tray:

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/A.../prod_7663.html

Pack 720

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Battlefoam/B.../prod_9205.html

plus it leaves 3" of foam depth for another tray or two or space for books etc. Problem is the rest of the trays seem to be cut for combinations I don't need (losing some of the useful space). I could get pluck foam ones, but I feel I won't get as good a fit as the pre cut versions.

Anyone got the Pack 720 that can comment?

That also answers the questions I had about getting a bag big enough for my tanks, thanks for that.

EDIT: would the vindicator fit into the predator slots or maybe the rhino ones?

EDIT: after looking though I can only find one tray with only one vindicator space, is there not a tray with multiple vindicator slots? :cuss

Battlefoam Cases/trays are the bomb.com, I would suggest them to anyone. I have the Stormraven tray and it is sweet, holds everything nice and neat. Yes, the vindies will fit in the pred slots if they dont have siege shields, a lil snug but they fit. You can also get on the Battlefoam website and make your own custom trays if need be. I have one of their PACK 1520's and it is by far one of the best things i have ever bought for gaming. I have toted 2 2000pt marine armies at one time, or itll hold my Entire Tyranid horde army in one case, along with all my game aids, dice, tape, codexes, etc. And the foam trays are high quality and durable. I have wasted my money on pluck trays and sabol cases, and after Battlefoam, I'm never goin back!

My friend has Battlefoam. It's very expensive but definitely worth the price. I started with the Army Transport bag...the really really big one. I'm a girl and kind of petite/small so it's kind of hard to carry when you carry it in your arms but I like that it has a rolly thing on the bottom so its a little easier. ^__^

But, even though it has one I am thinking of changing to Battlefoam >___> Because it just is much more sturdy and protected than anything any other transporter can offer from what I have seen.

Battlefoam Cases/trays are the bomb.com, I would suggest them to anyone. I have the Stormraven tray and it is sweet, holds everything nice and neat. Yes, the vindies will fit in the pred slots if they dont have siege shields, a lil snug but they fit. You can also get on the Battlefoam website and make your own custom trays if need be. I have one of their PACK 1520's and it is by far one of the best things i have ever bought for gaming. I have toted 2 2000pt marine armies at one time, or itll hold my Entire Tyranid horde army in one case, along with all my game aids, dice, tape, codexes, etc. And the foam trays are high quality and durable. I have wasted my money on pluck trays and sabol cases, and after Battlefoam, I'm never goin back!

Cheers for that informative recommendation Grizzly. It's pricey I know but I really hate lugging a load of flimsy cardboard boxes around. I had a Apoc game on Easter weekend and had to take about 20 different tissue filled boxes for everything . . . .

I like the 720 as it's big enough for the bits of my lists that get regular use and if in the future I get the 1520 I can, according to the website, zip the 720 on top if I need the extra space.

So with yourself and teemoki its another couple of thumbs up for Battlefoam.

Currently the only battlefoam thing I have is the BA character tray, and I can vouch for their quality. It's head over heels better than any other brand of foam tray I've had. I only wish I'd bought onwe of their Pack storage bags as well instead of the motorpool bag I have.

I would say they are the absolute best bang for your buck. I have both the 432 and the 1520 bags with foam. The 1520 comes in two parts ( the new one doesnt) top bag holds my 3k worth of eldar and the 432 and bottom of the 1520 holds about 10k worth of my blood angels. I havent had a chance to get the SR trays yet but they are on my purchase list once I get back from my cruise. Both bags were purchased empty and I ordered the trays as I filled them. Their custom orders are very nice, but their customer service does lack sometimes.

For some differences in GW,Sabol,abd BF are simple. GW are ok if all your transporting is troops. 108 or 216 and are $50 to $99. These I have found break on the hinges or clasps.

Sabol are ok but alittle soft for the bags and have pick-n-pluck foam. I HATE plucking for hours on this foam. The trays are ok but one mistake can ruin a tray. Most bags the size of GW can hold more minis. Not a bad bag and it is cheaper that BF but not by much when you take holding capacity into account of the battlefoam bags.

What are your opinions on the KR Multicase system? There are two stormraven trays made by them: http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/spacemarinescustomtrays.html

I like the look of the one which holds the 12 man squad, dreadnaught as well as the base. I've already got one of their cardboard cases which currently holds 2 Baal predators, 2 razorbacks, 15 RAS, 20 TAC, 10 DC, 5 HG and 5 VV's and still has a little space left - the best part is that it only cost me around £22.

What are your opinions on the KR Multicase system? There are two stormraven trays made by them: http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/spacemarinescustomtrays.html

I like the look of the one which holds the 12 man squad, dreadnaught as well as the base. I've already got one of their cardboard cases which currently holds 2 Baal predators, 2 razorbacks, 15 RAS, 20 TAC, 10 DC, 5 HG and 5 VV's and still has a little space left - the best part is that it only cost me around £22.

Seems like a lot more work to take stuff out and put stuff away from the little time I looked at them.. :)

I did look at them, but I'm not a fan of the cardboard cases (I'm trying to get away from cardboard boxes!) and the aluminium ones seem similar money to the battlefoam bags.

Also the quality of the foam cut outs seems lower in the pictures as they don't seem to be cut as precisely and have pluck sections as needed to fit some models. If I'm spending that sort of cash I'd like it to fit perfect.

Though this opinion is only formed from the website as I've not seen them in the flesh.

I'm on my phone atm so it is a bit hard to navigate.

Could someone be a gem and give me a link to something from BF that can hold alot of models with jumppacks.

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm on my phone atm so it is a bit hard to navigate.

Could someone be a gem and give me a link to something from BF that can hold alot of models with jumppacks.

Thanks in advance. :)

http://www.battlefoam.com/products/%28Spac...F%252d2%29.html

That seems to be the one with the most assault marine slots. You may be able to put them in the terminator slots too.

buy the terminator tray, I run a crapton of jump packs, and with the dynamic poses of the new DC kits bp's/ccw's that I used on all my assault marines, the Termie holes are a whole lot better. I have one of the half and half, put the bp/ccw and fisty sarges in the termie holes and the special weapons/ more compact bp/ccw marines in the assault holes. Works out great for me. If it were me, I'd get either this one or this one for your assault marines, just my .02

• 3 months later...

KR do good stuff too. Their website kinda sucks though. A couple of my friends just called them up and talked through what they wanted and they put it together for them. They also do custom cut foam so you can tweak it to your requrements.

The cardboard boxes aren't as fancy as the Battleform bags but the idea is that you're whole collection is stored safely yet you don't have to take it all with you for a 1,500 point game - you just grab the appropriate box or two. The foam (I believe) is slightly softer which I think some people prefer.

Battlefoam is no doubt very good but I prefer the modular options from KR.

Hey, brothers. I have no experience of any battle foam carry trays of any brand or description, except some small experience with Games Workshop's own briefcase things.

I'm looking for a way of carrying my two 2,000 point armies. I'm looking at this website.

My two armies consist of:

2 Stormraven Gunships

1 Land Raider

2 Dreadnoughts

20 dynamically-posed foot sloggers

50 dynamically-posed jump infantry

I'm looking at the trays available on that page and considering getting two boxes:

1. From the "Custom (ready cut trays - full width)", the tray that holds two Stormravens.
  2. From the "Custom (ready cut trays - half width)", the tray the holds one Land Raider and two Dreadnoughts;
    From the "Troop (Core trays - half width", four of the trays that hold eighteen Terminators.

I believe the Stormraven tray will fill one box. The Land Raider tray will take up the first half-width and 2/3 of the depth of the second box; one of the four Terminator trays will take up the remaining 1/3 of that half of the box. The three remaining Terminator trays will take up the entire depth of the second half of the second box.

That, I believe, should be space enough for my entire army.

I just wanted to check with you guys that I'm looking to buy the right things, that they'll hold my army securely and that there isn't a better option. The way I see it, I'm going to be left with... two empty infantry slots? I think? But otherwise, this is pretty much exactly perfect for my models, right?

Or am I being a total retard?

Edited for formatting

Archived