Thousand Sons "Defiler"

Phosis

WIP

http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/133/3ca047c378034fcd97cf2630cd1d949b/l.jpg

http://a1.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/115/25f8babbf40045faad315016885b2721/l.jpg

Scale shot:

http://a3.l3-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/10f7719007ea44caa480d024fc86f1a1/l.jpg

Well, you know how most of the Ushabti, statues, tombs and pyramids were built by slaves? They exist in 40k in the form of cultist. A young naive group of cultists would do anything to appease the sky gods. In the fluff, most humans never even SEE a space marine. Couldn't a Thousand Sons force pose as a loyal Imperial warband and influence the cultists to construct giant statues using any artisan skills they might possess?

It'd be a shame if those statues came to life by the sorcerer's evil will and crushed all the cultists before letting the Tsons prance off-planet with new artifacts and supplies, wouldn't it ;D

additional 2 DCCW, so only a battle cannon. The headpiece on the forehead will be painted with a lightsource. Ever see Never Ending Story? Those scary laser eye things..

Well, you know how most of the Ushabti, statues, tombs and pyramids were built by slaves? They exist in 40k in the form of cultist. A young naive group of cultists would do anything to appease the sky gods. In the fluff, most humans never even SEE a space marine. Couldn't a Thousand Sons force pose as a loyal Imperial warband and influence the cultists to construct giant statues using any artisan skills they might possess?

It'd be a shame if those statues came to life by the sorcerer's evil will and crushed all the cultists before letting the Tsons prance off-planet with new artifacts and supplies, wouldn't it ;D

additional 2 DCCW, so only a battle cannon. The headpiece on the forehead will be painted with a lightsource. Ever see Never Ending Story? Those scary laser eye things..

Nice idea, but I dont see laser eyes as a good counts as battlecannon.

Have you thought about replacing the tail?

Well, maybe you wouldn't let it fly but no one really says anything to me about it. Especially not when I paint and convert most things and sometimes people bring unpainted necron destroyers without bases and call them land speeder typhoons. Needless to say I don't play against those people.

Yes sir I thought about the tail but I like being able to remove it to help me remember how many attacks the defiler has when it gets a few weapons knocked off. The little crests are also magnetized so when I lose my 'BC', everyone knows its gone.

I poured for about half a day figuring how to mount an actual cannon, though. I couldn't go through with anything so I left it "as-is"

I could use a soulgrinder cannon mount I guess.. one of the arm ones. Maybe that will have to be a separate project for another time

Well, maybe you wouldn't let it fly but no one really says anything to me about it. Especially not when I paint and convert most things and sometimes people bring unpainted necron destroyers without bases and call them land speeder typhoons. Needless to say I don't play against those people.

Yes sir I thought about the tail but I like being able to remove it to help me remember how many attacks the defiler has when it gets a few weapons knocked off. The little crests are also magnetized so when I lose my 'BC', everyone knows its gone.

I poured for about half a day figuring how to mount an actual cannon, though. I couldn't go through with anything so I left it "as-is"

I could use a soulgrinder cannon mount I guess.. one of the arm ones. Maybe that will have to be a separate project for another time

hmm I'm figuring you're going for more of a magical base then a mechanical one so having an actual cannon the model probably wouldn't look right. hmmm you've already got a good option for the 4x Close combat weapons (The bladed arms and the clawed feet) so that works. A cannon.... hmm.... not really sure how to accomplish this but my only thought would be some sort of mouth based magic missile. You'd need something with an open mouth head of some sort large enough to be in agreement scale wise with the War Sphinx model. Not sure what you could use beyond sculpting a new head from green stuff that is. if I think of something I'll post.

I like the whole concept. If any of you gave seen the new thor movie then you would know how devastating robot laser vision can be. Nice work, now get it painted ;)

Well, you know how most of the Ushabti, statues, tombs and pyramids were built by slaves?

Are you talking fictionally or as in Real World Ancient Egypt? If you are talking the latter you are completely wrong, it has been proven by archeologists that it was Egyptian citizens who built all that, and it is a common misconception based upon Hollywood crap that leads people to think otherwise.

Sorry, fantasy. Regardless of where it happens, my idea is that Thousand Sons act as Pharaohs among men.

and yeah, hollywood does try to overload people, but most is unintentional as far as the historical blunders go

Nifty idea. Personally I think it can work. You know, some minor tweaking should still be done, to de-fantasy it a little bit, other than that good idea. I would allow my opponent to use this count-as, just as long the scale is somewhat similar haven’t seen this model in person yet.

Laters

Archived