Deathwatch hour

JasoX

Desided to turn these into a deathwatch project using grey knights codex. Regular Gk minis will be purifiers. Death company will take the role of interceptors. Blood and Dark angel minis will be strike squads.

Backround of my xenos hunting forces.

They operate somewhere along the Halo Stars and are mostly drafted from the ranks of Storm Wardens

Is that a las or assault cannon? If it's an AC, you'll have to change the end so there are 6 barrels, cause it looks like a multi-laser right now....

Otherwise looking good, the sarcophagus conversion looks nice, as do the claws.

Redepositioning the legs into something more dynamic would look great.

Is that a las or assault cannon? If it's an AC, you'll have to change the end so there are 6 barrels, cause it looks like a multi-laser right now....

Yea, going to mod that end to get 6 barrels and some stuff in here and there.

Here is WIP of brother with psycannon. the base is supposed to be ash world theme, kinda like in silent hill. C & C welcomed

2011-05-12%2003.18.44.jpg2011-05-12%2003.19.01.jpg

Sorry for pic quality, taken with samsung galaxy.

Interesting dread. I actually like the end of the AC, though I'd shorten the whole gun by about half. Even if the gun has 6 barrels it only shoots from the same stationary one, so having it come to a single point is no worry.

As for the marine, a dark color scheme on an ashen/blackish base might not be the best way to go. You generally want contrast between the model and the base so they don't just blur into one another from anything more than a few feet away.

Hey Verp,

A AC is nothing more then a high caliber min-igun. As mentioned above only one barrel fires, the rest spin to cut the heat by 1/6th just on mechanical design alone. add the wind flow over the heated metal and you gain more then that. However, if you have a fix barrel to a "tip" it allows the rounds to leave the barrel without any rotational inertia from the spinning barrels.

As for the marine, a dark color scheme on an ashen/blackish base might not be the best way to go. You generally want contrast between the model and the base so they don't just blur into one another from anything more than a few feet away.

I try to lighten it a bit, something more whiter i suppose.

here is WIP picture of the lightened bases, too dark still? im planning of adding some water features and maybe small rocks in them. C & C welcomed

2011-05-12%2016.22.13.jpg

I tried to start painting my dread, but i didnt like it anymore - so a modded it a little. Still WIP, need to add few purity seals and flamer at least. C & C welcomed.

HPIM2551.JPG

HPIM2553.JPGHPIM2554.JPGHPIM2557.JPGHPIM2556.JPG

thanks for looking :)

I think you should lose the bionicle parts... The head is nearly longer than his leg. :) However I am a fan of that close combat weapon. What are the claws made from please?

i chopped old dozer blade for the claws. yea, the head is huge :) still experimenting. i think it looks better when i removed leg plating and lowered the body 5mm. still trying to figure what to do with the head.

Hey Verp,

A AC is nothing more then a high caliber min-igun. As mentioned above only one barrel fires, the rest spin to cut the heat by 1/6th just on mechanical design alone. add the wind flow over the heated metal and you gain more then that. However, if you have a fix barrel to a "tip" it allows the rounds to leave the barrel without any rotational inertia from the spinning barrels.

Arggg.... I feel so dumb right now... how could I forget this?? how?!

HPIM2565.JPG

Still little wip, but i lack skill and patience to make these better ;) now with lightened base. base is going to get some snow and ice later today.

HPIM2568.JPG

So i went and got myself few additional goodies. 3 PaGK boxes and Terminator box.

HPIM2574.JPG

Then i desided my hideous old models needed a wash and makeover

HPIM2570.JPGHPIM2571.JPGHPIM2572.JPGHPIM2573.JPG

Archived