Novamarines WIP – updated with Terminators

Combat squad leader Nepoidon

IMG_1246.JPG

Armed with an archaic power mace and Godwyn-Daez pattern plasma pistol, Neopoidon is pictured during the Damocles Crusade, the last large-scale conflict before his strike force was redeployed to the Badab uprising.

This chap was originally supposed to be the sergeant of the squad, but I ended up painting his helmet blue-and-white, so he's been demoted to squad leader (I'll use his squad as two five-man Sternguard squads in game). He's still WIP, and I'd like him to represent the hard-line Codex markings. The armament is easily explained away – Sternguard veterans get to pick their gear :lol:

However, I'm a bit stuck on how the Codex designates a squad leader? What other markings are necessary for him? The squad is representing company veterans leading a boarding party, and the Novamarines don't designate Company markings, if that helps.

More WIPs.

IMG_1271.JPG

The Iron Skull, depicted as a red skull. Its the codex honour marking awarded to marines who have displayed good leadership qualities, Sergeants and squad leaders often have them.

Nice work though, also i thought these guys were going to be white consuls?

Back when the position was canon the rank emblem for a squad leader was the Iron Halo - at the time it went around/on the chapter badge - for Novamarines the best way would probably be to paint the halo portion of the chapter badge in red. The 4th edition codex showed several pads with halos on the squad pad however which I think makes more sense.

The Iron Skull is a general award for leadership but its also the rank emblem for the position of Sergeant so personally I would never give it to a Squad Leader (in contrast since a Sergeant is also technically a squad leader I have no issue with Sergeants having an Iron Halo as well as the Iron Skull - as in fact Red Scorpions Veteran Sergeant Haas has)

Ah, thanks chaps. I'll run with the Iron Halo, painted on his forehead, then. :lol:

I've made some more, too – Terminators:

IMG_1285.JPG

Individual shots of the marines in various states of completion:

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1263.JPG

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1259.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG