Astorath & The Sanguinor

LordOfSkyfall

ok turn to page 11 of your 5th edition codex, look at the artwork in the lower right-hand corner, in the top left of the artwork, there is a really dark shadow in front of a white smudge, when i looked closer i noticed one is in the image of the Sanguinor with a sword held above his head and the other looks to be Astorath holding his exicutioners axe, so first i need to ask, is this artwork older than 5th edition and if so, could this artwork be inspiration for these two new characters??

Or just a vague 'angel/daemon' fight? That axe (if it is) appears to be a double-headed axe - Astorath's is only single-bladed. Also, those silhouetes dont appear to fit with Power-armoured forms.

It looks as though that is at the battle for the eternity gate (Is that the one I mean?) Where Sanguinius beats up some Khornate Greater daemons. Or at the very least part of the battle for the imperial palace. You can see a chaos titan in the picture and the figure is clearly angelic only its also clearly fighting with the dark form. You can see they are even fighting in front of the great big palace and the background on that page discusses the origins of the Blood Angels.

Archived