Old Army Started up again

Ok so heres the deal. besides my WIP chaos army, I have a Red Talon space marine army. They were my first army EVER and I stopped playing after space marines lost the chapter traits. Now I have always based my army off of faster moving units, usually mounting squads in razerbacks etc. My favorite unit of all time is Scouts. I always have good luck with them and 3 squads used to be necessary. So I have picked up some of the newer scouts etc. the problem is, what else should I pick up? I need some ideas for a character conversion for my leader. I want him to have a jump pack. The force is going to represent a high speed quick hitting army. Another question is, I always get asked "Hey are those Blood Angels" and my response is of course no. Any ideas on how to give them kind of a distinguished look?

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/6/64/Red_Talons_Marine.png

The first think people will look at is the paint scheme, obviously, so maybe its worth changing it up some?

I can easily see black lower legs working well

or maybe a black head?

just something that visually makes a stark difference (apart from chapter icons etc)

Cheers

Cpt X

Hey, I painted up some Red Talons once when I wanted to do an Iron Hands type force (They are one of the few successor chapters) but not paint another black marine army. I agreed that I thought the all red look was to blood angely so I deepened and darkened the red. I think I used Scab Red or probably red gore, links them more to Mars. I then gave them boltgun metal shoulder trim, again ties them to their Iron Hand ancestors and links them more to Mars. Just my thoughts.

Archived