Raven Guard Chaplain Mordecai

Hi Guys,

I get a lot of enjoyment from conversions, and thought I'd try my hand at a Chaplain for my Raven Guard last night. I spent a good while hollowing out a Dark Angel hood and filing down a skull to represent the Chaplain's Skull helmet. It took a while to get a nice fit, but once there I built up the neck with a small piece of greenstuff and here is the result! I'm going to try to find something cool to base him on, to give him a commanding view of the battlefield and to give the sense that he is preaching and inspiring as he goes into battle. Perhaps a broken roman column. Apologies for the image quality, I've taken it on my phone.

gallery_55821_5076_15417.jpg

I'll update the WIP as he progresses.

Best,

Rob

first of all i usually hate phone camera pictures, but yours is the best quality i've seen yet ;)

i like the conversion, though i would've probably made the hood from green stuff (don't know about your green stuff skills) the torso is forgeworld right?

a base with a good view of the battlefield would be nice, if you don't want to sculpt a roman collumn or can't find a suitable one, you could use cork to make a monolithic kinda rock, because cork carved and chopped with a hobby knife gives a nice "rocky" texture.

looking forward to seeing him painted :)

I'm afraid I would agree with the greenstuff hood, there are good tutorials for it on this website. I recommend having a stab at it because the plastic hood looks like it would be about 3 inches thick in real life at the moment.. plus a hood around a skull wouldn't make the same shape as a hood around a mkVII helmet. This is probably not what you want to hear when you spent ages hollowing out the hood but I really do recommend it ;)

But it's amazing quality for a phone!

Looks good,I'm liking the plastic choices.

However maybe the skull need to be pushed back a tad, not much but it sort of makes the hood look solid.

I'm just waiting to se this painted, from your other models this shouldn't dissipoint ;)

Actually my bad this might be one of the pictures I took with my girlfriend's sony cybershot, I took LOADS of him earlier to get something half decent to put on and got a file full of them unlabeled on my comp. I do agree with the hood comments now that u mention the thickness.. Problem is I suck badly with Greenstuff, it's just not my friend. I really admire some of the people on here for their abilities with it.

Looks good,I'm liking the plastic choices.

However maybe the skull need to be pushed back a tad, not much but it sort of makes the hood look solid.

I'm just waiting to se this painted, from your other models this shouldn't dissipoint ;)

Cheers Bewlay, I'm terrible at sitting down and deciding on what to do next. I probably should get on with the tacticals, but I keep getting drawn to the special units!

Archived