WIP: Gabriel Seth Now Finished!

IronKobra

I am approaching the end of Lemmy now and I have a trip over to Spain to visit my GF for her birthday in July. Now, as a gift I decided to put some time into painting a model for her. She paints herself and will appreciate the sentiment I'm sure. The model I have chosen is something a little different for me in that it's a Flesh Tearer rather than a Blood Angel. The reason for Seth is because on a peruse through the codex she says to me 'Hey this guy looks like you'! Except for the beard. So I am going to green stuff a beard to complete the illusion :)

Long story short, I'm painting Seth for my GF and I'm looking for inspiration, so any pics of completed/partially completed Seth models if you could post them as a reply that would be awesome! I don't really have any experience in painting FT's so lets see what the people who do have done.

Let me have it!

So did what I would consider my first bit og GS modelling last night on Seth. I modelled him a matching beard to mine, I'm going to go the whole hog and paint myself in power armour ;) Cheesey but hey it's for my lady. I also modelled his base too, so he is pretty much ready for priming :P

Will try and get a pic of him pre painted later, but weather is pretty foul at the moment so light won't help any.

Still no one ready to show their versions of Seth?

Thanks for the first Seth post! The more the better until I decide how I wish to proceed.

Anyway, here is where I am up to so far. Not managed to prime him yet, but I have modelled the beard and have his base prepared (though not pictured) Going to put him on a large 40m base since it's display only.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth2.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth3.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth1.jpg

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth4.jpg

This pic shows me at my most Seth haha

I am building my own counts as Seth as soon as I can get the few extra bits I need (command squad banner arm and two double edged chainswords for a chain-staff weapon that will be absolutely killer)

I painted and made my own version, but not sure how to put it up, and can not use Photobucket please help!

Upload your pic to the B&C to create a gallery. Then go look at it in your gallery. On the right side of your screen you will see the BBCode. Copy and paste it into your next post.

Sorry to barge i brothers but since this is a thread about Seth I thought it would be appropriate. Can any one tell me if Seth's head comes seperate from his body or not?

The head is not a seperate piece.

I've started painting this up this weekend, put the base layer of red down using a mix of scab, black and a touch of mechrite to help coverage, and gone into all the flexible pieces with a black > shadow grey progression. Once I get some more of the initial base colours down I'll get an updated image up of how he is coming along.

Any colour suggestions for the cloak front & back? I'm fairly sure on how I am going on with the rest of the model but the cloak vexes me. Never had to do such a large cloth piece like this before, well, not since my terrible mephiston from about 10 years ago anyway.

Any colour suggestions for the cloak front & back? I'm fairly sure on how I am going on with the rest of the model but the cloak vexes me. Never had to do such a large cloth piece like this before, well, not since my terrible mephiston from about 10 years ago anyway.

I would do it black probably but make it look faded with grey.

I haven't thrown any pics yet up of this model, I have a deadline for it so I am just focusing on getting it done more than making a detailed progress report but I am done for the day and thought I'd show what I have so far:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth5.jpg

C&C welcomed!

I've done a LOT of models with capes, Celestine was an interesting case, the best tip I can give is to choose a color that compliments your armor choice then switch do the base coat and choose an appropriate wash, highlight to taste. The wash makes the folds of the cape really done well and if you blend/highlight better then I can you can really get a good effect. I'd show a picture but all my painted models available with a cape aren't SM or here. :tu: Also if you want a cool grey use shadow grey and a black wash.

Sweet job on your model!

Cheers guys! That last Seth kitbash is a bit on the small side, can't really make much out :huh:

For the cloak I have taken 1Drops advice of a washed out black colour starting with a mix of about 3:1 Black/Codex grey and successively highlight adding a bit more codex as the folds rise and then a watered down wash of Badab and Devlan. But I'm using this for the back, and the front or inside piece of the cloak I'm doing a cream colour like on my Sternguards...This should really make the deep red look well... RED

I have done a fair bit more on this, no pics just yet though. His Base is pretty much done, I have finished shading the skin so will spend a while building that up now... Gold areas have gotten their 1st highlights... Purity seal parchments are ready to be highlighted. I'll get a little more done tomorrow on the bank holiday and if the sun is out will try to get a decent pic up ^_^

Hopefully it looks cool when I get a pic because I have put finishing Lemmy on hold for this haha

OK so here is the rough pic of where I am up to with this. Please excuse the horrible pic, but you will at least see how the base colours have gone and the base and what not. Few little things to point out is I have just spent the hour since taking this photo fixing up the face/eye area. It doesn't look so terrible in person but now I am sure in the next photo it will look a lot cleaner. I have gone around the whole face again with a tallarn/dark flesh mix to give a nicer smooth layer on all but the deepest face recesses and also cover up where I went outside the lines of the eyeball with the white.

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPSeth6.jpg

Beards for the win bro :)

Seth looks nice so far! I guess you will highlight the face further? Because it looks a bit dark now. :P

haha yeah definately! This pic shows the darkest layer Snorri, will go up much lighter than this. Thats a wash of dark flesh, and then scorched brown & black mix over tallarn flesh so yeah it does come off looking like fake tan haha

Like I said I have evened the skin out already with a dark/tallarn mix to make layering straight tallarn flash next a little less painful :P

haha yeah definately! This pic shows the darkest layer Snorri, will go up much lighter than this. Thats a wash of dark flesh, and then scorched brown & black mix over tallarn flesh so yeah it does come off looking like fake tan haha

Like I said I have evened the skin out already with a dark/tallarn mix to make layering straight tallarn flash next a little less painful :)

Excellent! I'm excited to see the finished mini! :P

Snorri

Archived