tau question

hi all

in the tau dex when you choose pathfinders you get a devilfish as part of the unit.. but its not listed as being a dedicated transport..

does that mean another unit can start the game embarked.., or does it count as being dedicated?

thanks

hi all

in the tau dex when you choose pathfinders you get a devilfish as part of the unit.. but its not listed as being a dedicated transport..

does that mean another unit can start the game embarked.., or does it count as being dedicated?

thanks

It is effectively a dedicated; the Tau Codex is old codex in the old style, so it never explicitly uses the term dedicated transport, but any transport you buy as a part of the unit effectively is a dedicated transport.

It is effectively a dedicated; the Tau Codex is old codex in the old style, so it never explicitly uses the term dedicated transport, but any transport you buy as a part of the unit effectively is a dedicated transport.

ok thanks, i guess another unit could still use it but not start embarked...

ok thanks, i guess another unit could still use it but not start embarked...

That's pretty much how most Tau players do it. Park a unit of Fire Warriors next to it, and hop in on Turn One. The Fish is large enough to block LOS to a small squad, or give a 10-squid unit a cover save.

hi all

thanks

Are you bullying some poor Xenos with an outdated Dex, GC08?

quite the opposite, i got hold of a tau army and figured id put a list together, see if i cant make them work.

ive also got a CSM army on the go..

quite the opposite, i got hold of a tau army and figured id put a list together, see if i cant make them work.

ive also got a CSM army on the go..

I see. You are really diversifying :)

There are quite a few Tau sites and advice pieces out there, if you want them, I can link them.

Tau'va

I see. You are really diversifying :)

There are quite a few Tau sites and advice pieces out there, if you want them, I can link them.

Tau'va

:lol: variety is the spice of life, i found a couple of sites, didnt seem to be a huge amount on tactics, although ive been looking through some blogs and finding some gems..

i really dont like the whole min/maxing thing with competative play, to me it isnt a tau army without at least 2 dozen firewarriors..

anyhoo, so we dont get a slap from the mods, id appreciate any help you can give me.. probably best via pm though

thanks marshal

Archived