Auto-targeting system

Seahawk

Just had a thought:

Auto-targeting system (for the Hydra) says: "Similarly, bikes cannot claim the cover save gained due to turbo-boosting against shots fired by the Hydra."

The key is that Necron scarabs are not bikes, they are swarms. However, they can move like jetbikes and thus turbo-boost, a common tactic. Could one, by the letter of the rules, then say the Hydra's ability does not work when shooting at scarabs that turbo-boosted?

Personally, my vote is "it's turbo-boosting either way, so no save" but that's just me.

Bikes and jetbikes are the same class of unit; Scarabs are not in that class, they are Swarms. They simply "move as".

I do agree that the Hydra rule should apply, but RAW doesn't support it.

Have to agree there; other examples like CSM wings allowing a unit to move as jump infantry show that RAW does make a distinction between "move as" and "is."

Yep, that's what I figured. Meh, our group will play with "ignoring all turbo-boost" saves, but I knew it just wasn't quite right with the scarabs, among other things.

Yep, that's what I figured. Meh, our group will play with "ignoring all turbo-boost" saves, but I knew it just wasn't quite right with the scarabs, among other things.

Theres an argument to made here that they may have just not realized that anything other than bikes and skimmers could turbo boost. It doesnt really change anything but yes...

We play it as any Turboboost/ Flat out generated save is negated by the Hydra, Scarabs arent the only nonebike unit that can generate one, DE Hellions can also do it.

Hellions are jump infantry, there is nothing in their rules about turbo boosting or anything similar.

We play it as any Turboboost/ Flat out generated save is negated by the Hydra, Scarabs arent the only nonebike unit that can generate one, DE Hellions can also do it.

Hellions are jump infantry, there is nothing in their rules about turbo boosting or anything similar.

I have a feeling he was referring to Reaver jetbikes. They fly, they're pointy, and they'll get killed by the Emperor's Chosen, what's the difference?

Archived