Grand Master Mordrak

henrywalker

So i have finished converting my Grand Master Mordrak.

he is based on brother captain stern and the hammer is from inquisitor coteaz.

i've converted coteaz to a brotherhood champion (photo included but painting IS NOT FINISHED)

Any thoughts? comments?

gallery_59654_6002_68348.jpg

gallery_59654_6002_174404.jpg

gallery_59654_6002_219371.jpg

Champion

gallery_59654_6002_383123.jpg

EDIT:

opps, just noticed the bit of red on his hammer, i hate how that always seems to happen

The treatment of the cloth parts is excellent -_- . The armoured and flesh areas though need to show more depth in the detail. This could be achieved (at this stage) by careful layers of washes – to really get into those crevices and bring the sculpt to life.

The lava base is awesome sauce :tu:

Cheers

I

i agree with you (Isiah) the flesh looks quite bad in the picture and revisiting the model it definitely needs some work.

the cloth is very simple. TBH i keep expecting to find a problem with it, it feels like cheating.

i paint it ice blue and give it a heavy wash of asrumen blue. thats it.

thanks for the feedback

This is the thing about the new washes, they make it so easy =D

I reckon if you just got a nice fat brush and smearing everything but the cloth with badab black, it'd basically add most of the depth for you. That's what I do to all my models, pretty much. You can add a huge amount to a mini without more than a minutes work. Something smooth like that cloth is harder to get the wash right for than the angular, detailed armour, so it shouldn't be any challenge for you :)

Archived