DC Tycho

madscuzzy

Raaargh! That's a very neat painting Madscuzzy, liking the feel of the materials on the armor. Might've been harder to do, but there woulda been some nice resemblance of the duality of the Blood angels with their forlorn nobility to have the mask look serene, while Tycho is losing his marbles. But it's easy to critique, and hard to do. In anycase, it's a marvellous piece of art, hope you'd do even more stuff. ;)

Cheers

Raaargh! That's a very neat painting Madscuzzy, liking the feel of the materials on the armor. Might've been harder to do, but there woulda been some nice resemblance of the duality of the Blood angels with their forlorn nobility to have the mask look serene, while Tycho is losing his marbles. But it's easy to critique, and hard to do. In anycase, it's a marvellous piece of art, hope you'd do even more stuff. ;)

Cheers

Interesting idea. Had not thought about it. Pray tell any suggestions you might have? To me the mask is impassive, as it was based off the model. How would you make it look serene? The only thing I can think of is probably to give it less brow...

@Madscuzzy

Yeah, I thought I'd put my mouth where my money is and do an overpaint, to actually try to figure out if my "thought" would work on actual imaging. B) Made Tycho looking really weird, would prolly have to switch around the face as well to work with the reworked mask, since the fitting would have to be a bit different, which is where I was starting to go over to 10min mark. :P Anyway, if you're ok with overpaints, I'll post the image I worked up. :devil: I know some poeple don't like overpaints without permission, so I thought I'd ask first. :P

Cheers

I think the easiest way of doing Chronophague's suggested idea of having a more serene looking mask would be to extend the mask over the mouth slightly. A closed mouth serene face will cover a different area than an open mouthed scream. Whether this would look good or not I don't know :)

Archived