Brother Noctis

olekkkkk

Honestly, that's probably the weakest piece I've seen from you. Generally your weathering, shading/lining and blending seems a lot more... finished and precise. I reckon you need to dispose of a lot of the weathering, and put in a few dark spot washes to give the deep recesses / folding joints a definite line to them. The back of his right foot joining the greave is a good example - it looks like a solid block as is.

It's a pretty poor, front-lit photo too - certainly doesn't help, especially the back view.

It's technically very proficient indeed, far far beyond my capability –- but if I'm being honest it is let down by the colour palette that is just too varied. It kinda looks like a box of smarties, you know, with every colour going.

For me removing the blues and pinks would make this model (as a 'designed' colour scheme) a lot less garish and a lot more pleasing on teh eyes.

For the most part I like this model, the scheme is nice as is most of the battle damage.

The little things: I think the feet need a little more shading in the recesses, the targeter on the power fist need to stand out a little more.

The big thing: The Face - I can't imagine how it would get that scratched and worn unless he face-planted into a belt-sander, it really doesn't look right.

Of course only my opinion and based on the pictures, could be that some of these areas look better in real life, if so - ignore.

Dam13n

thanks for comments and critique

You have right - too many colors on this mini

I tried a new way of painting armor, but I think I'll stay with the old way, or I'll try something completely different

cheers

olekkkkk

Archived