Terminator Librarian

MagicMan

Basically i painted this guy up last night in a little blur of painting inspiration, and was looking for some critique.

Im kinda worried about the abundance of bone colour (which is why i painted the horned skulls in metallics) but the rest of my legions cloth bits are that colour, so i don't want to change it because of one figure.

First time painting blue power armour too, so yeah.

I'd really like to improve him, so any C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking!

med_gallery_58164_5494_535174.jpgmed_gallery_58164_5494_1221443.jpg

med_gallery_58164_5494_1029473.jpgmed_gallery_58164_5494_2098.jpg

med_gallery_58164_5494_684892.jpg

med_gallery_58164_5494_928737.jpg

Looks good! great to see some Ultramarines! Two things though, firstly, although the blue is highlighted, it doesn't have the depth that comes with shading, so it could do with a wash, probably badab black, in the recesses. 2. The details on the robe thing look a bit bland, I think this is probably because the rope and the keys are the same (Or nearly the same) colour as the robe. I really like the eyes though, and the gold under armour is an interestng twist!

I can't really find much fault, it's pretty good all-round. I would like to maybe see a bit more shading/highlighting on the blue though to make it pop more; it's a bit flat at the moment.

But other than that it's all there :D

Edit: I was ninja'd! :ph34r:

Instead of the Badab Black wash, I would suggest the Asurmen Blue wash. It's AMAZING for shading blues and helping to bring out both contrast with shading and the richness of the color itself.

I don't think you have too much bone color, either. Me personally, I never cared for all librarians looking like smurfs(but all-black chappies are fine). With my old BA army, I just painted the left shoulderpad blue.

I don't think you have too much bone color, either. Me personally, I never cared for all librarians looking like smurfs(but all-black chappies are fine). With my old BA army, I just painted the left shoulderpad blue.

I just think it could do with a bit mroe brown, and metallic for the keys/ sacred stuff.

what's your final basing scheme?

the bone white is kinda lost with the white on the base.

and as the other posts suggest, a little more shading for depth - though that may just be the camera washing out the miniature.

Not bad, friend, not bad at all.

There are a few mistakes that might need touch-ups yet, namely the butt-plate aquila, but other than that, a good, clean paintjob.

And I like the eyes!

Nice take on OSL. ;-)

@ Generating Random Name...

Sorry to dissapoint, but hes not an Ultra! I just went with the blue colour for the Librarian, since my last one was coloured the same as my other guys, and he didn't stand out much. Thanks for the C&C though, the armour was probably the weakest bit for me too. It was my first time using Vallejo paints and they were a little different to use.

The Keys are actually silver, maybe i'll paint one or two of them bronze to make the silver ones pop more?

And yeah the parchment is very similar to the robe... But its just the colour i have for my Legion. I don't really want to change it because this guy carries way too much paper. ;)

@GooseDaMoose

Thanks bud, i think ill try some lighter edge highlights, see how it looks.

@Brother Chaplain Kage

Unfortunately don't have the Asurmen, but i was thinking about a dark blue wash in the recesses. I could mix one up.

And yeah, my last Libby was the same colour as my legion, but i really wanted to paint some blue. :P

I can see what you mean with the tabard, was trying to make the flat robe look like it had folds... Maybe didn't work so well. Hah.

Thanks for the C&C though man.

@Rider-75

The final basing Scheme is snow with black slate outcrops... It doesn't look too bad on the other guys with Tabards. But i can see what you mean. Thanks for the advice dude.

@ Generating Random Name...

Sorry to dissapoint, but hes not an Ultra! I just went with the blue colour for the Librarian, since my last one was coloured the same as my other guys, and he didn't stand out much. Thanks for the C&C though, the armour was probably the weakest bit for me too. It was my first time using Vallejo paints and they were a little different to use.

The Keys are actually silver, maybe i'll paint one or two of them bronze to make the silver ones pop more?

And yeah the parchment is very similar to the robe... But its just the colour i have for my Legion. I don't really want to change it because this guy carries way too much paper. :tu:

Fair enough, what chapter they gonna be? ('cause I'm to lazy to look :)) Never used vallejo before, what's the difference, apart from the colours of course? I think Bronze would make the keys pop much better, the parchment is fine, sorry if I said that, I was just talking about the tabard/robe. Maybe he should get a wallet for his paper, eh? ;)

Archived