Fist in a five man?

1Drop

Right so I know in a ten man assault unit 2 melta (or flamer, plasma) and a fist for the sarg is the way we should roll but what about in a 5 man unit... I know we should take a melta but should I give the sarg a fist or is the unit too small to make a difference and is it therefore a waste of points? (also bearing in mind these 5 RAS will be in a RB and will not be leaving it unless it's popped or they need to)

Well, I'm generally against PFs in 5-men squads, but it really depends on your list.

If you run a few RAS in Razorbacks, and they are the only infantry units you have (assuming you have 3 RBs in your list, and other units are preds, dreads etc) then PFs would do, as you'll use RAS for scoring and may face MCs or walkers.

If you have several 10-men squads with PF and one squad of 5 men, I'd give that squad a PW.

I tend to take a power weapon and infernus pistol in my 5 man Razorback units. The infernus pistol is extremely important for that extra melta shot (even though it has less range) and the power weapon insures that the unit isn't a pushover. Since I tend to go with three or four of these squads and take a single Priest these small units can do a lot more damage than their size would at first suggest. I wouldn't take a power fist in a unit of 5 because the model with it doesn't benefit very much from Furious Charge (S9 isn't necessary most times) and the unit is so small that often the model with the fist won't even survive long enough to swing it due to I1.

Yeah I'm gonna have 3 x 5 RAS in RB's! other than that I have DC in a SR and an HG toting meltas and powerclaws so my devs are the only other marines unless I take my scouts.

Yeah I'm gonna have 3 x 5 RAS in RB's! other than that I have DC in a SR and an HG toting meltas and powerclaws so my devs are the only other marines unless I take my scouts.

Ha-ha! I plan on running similar list - 3 RBs and DC in Raven. No HG though.

Ha-ha! I plan on running similar list - 3 RBs and DC in Raven. No HG though.

Great minds think alike :lol:

So you think adding fists for an extra cc punch (pardon the terrible pun) will be a good move? I actually think with having limited scoring units it'll be a good investment if they to come to blows with something a bit tougher.

Personally not a fan of PF in 5 man squads...unless there is FNP and a few SS. Tend to just use PW on RAS or combat squad Tacs. Might drop in a MB if I've got the points and think that they are going to really need it. TBH mostly think that krak is enough.

I don't give fists to five man squads unless it is a squad that already has at least 1 power weapon (say in an HG or a VV squad).

If I was going RAzorback spam, then sure some of the squads would get fists.

I don't give fists to five man squads unless it is a squad that already has at least 1 power weapon (say in an HG or a VV squad).

If I was going RAzorback spam, then sure some of the squads would get fists.

Yeah, I'm running what could be classed as a sort of RB spam list as I have 3 RB's and I have only 1 or 2 of everything else in my list!

Archived