Stormraven Questions

Glitch85

Just a quick couple of questions

1. How far can I move and dissembark without having to use skies of blood?

2. How many bloodstrike missiles can I fire in one go and still fire other weapons?

You can move 12 inches or less and disembark without using Skies of Blood, just like any other vehicle.

If you don't move or move 6 inches or less you can fire everything. If you go more than 6 but 12 or less, you can fire 1 missile and 1 other gun with POTMS. If you go over 12 you can fire 1 weapon with POTMS,

JamesI is spot on, I'm just adding details.

If you don't move or move 6 inches or less you can fire everything.

Which is to say, you can fire every missile too.

If you go more than 6 but 12 or less, you can fire 1 missile and 1 other gun with POTMS.

Or 2 missiles.

If you go over 12 you can fire 1 weapon with POTMS,

1 weapon or 1 missile.

Each missile counts as its own weapon to be fired; a Stormraven with Hurricane Bolters that hasn't fired any of its missiles yet is a vehicle with 8 weapons :P

Do shot blood strike missiles count as destroyed weapons?

Yes.

No, they are one shot weapons, so one use only but don't count as weapon destroyed.

If you are shot and want to pass a weapon destroyed result onto it then you can.

Incorrect. Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook FAQ v 1.2, Pg.3 :

Q: If a vehicle has a weapon with a limited amount of shots, and it has none left, for example a hunter-killer missile that has already been fired, does it count as a weapon that can be destroyed by a Damaged - Weapon Destroyed roll on the Vehicle Damage table? (p61)

A: No. Once a weapon cannot possibly fire again during the battle it is effectively destroyed as far as Damaged - Weapon Destroyed results on the Vehicle Damage table are concerned.

Lets not forget that that's hardly going to happen. Your opponent decides the weapon that goes, so chances are it'll be that TL-MM/Typhoon launcher and top mounted weapon that goes, not the one shot bloodstrike/mindstrike missile.

Lets not forget that that's hardly going to happen. Your opponent decides the weapon that goes, so chances are it'll be that TL-MM/Typhoon launcher and top mounted weapon that goes, not the one shot bloodstrike/mindstrike missile.
It won't be the first weapon, but if itt worked with empty missile bays, you could stave off 4 additional immobilized results.

It won't be the first weapon, but if itt worked with empty missile bays, you could stave off 4 additional immobilized results.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way according to the FAQ:

Q: If a vehicle has a weapon with a limited amount of

shots, and it has none left, for example a hunter-killer

missile that has already been fired, does it count as a

weapon that can be destroyed by a Damaged - Weapon

Destroyed roll on the Vehicle Damage table? (p61)

A: No. Once a weapon cannot possibly fire again during

the battle it is effectively destroyed as far as Damaged -

Weapon Destroyed results on the Vehicle Damage table

are concerned.

Since you have to remove the JPs anyway do it with 10 RAS.

Why do I need to remove the JP?

James, maybe my question was too short...

I thought models could only be deployed in their designated transports and if you wanted to get them in another vehicle (for example, the SR which is not DT), you couldn't start embarked...

@Seahawk: That's why in my statement there as a "if it worked" condition.

@Tanhausen: You only get the Razorback if you do so. See p. 89 of C:BA. It's just the other way around. you can start in a non-dedicated transport, but only the unit that bought it can start in its designated transport

Since you have to remove the JPs anyway do it with 10 RAS.

Why do I need to remove the JP?

James, maybe my question was too short...

I thought models could only be deployed in their designated transports and if you wanted to get them in another vehicle (for example, the SR which is not DT), you couldn't start embarked...

Nope. Only the models that bought a dedicated transport can start in it. Anyone can start in a non-dedicated transport like the Raven.

Thanks: so everybody can start embarked except if a vehicle was bought as a DT, then only that squad.

Dont have the C: BA handy, but I'm surprised you can't but a RB wit JPs... granted it makes sense, but we all know how GW does its job :pinch:

Archived