Attempt at a Justicar Thawn Model

izeman82

The Thawn model would be heaps better with drilled storm bolter barrels.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, other than that, great painting, the white and red could use some work and your edges could use some tidying! Otherwise brilliant!

Laters

Sorry, that's not Justicar Thawn. Check page 43 of the codex and you will see his heraldry, the helmet he wears and a chest up representation of him. With symbol and seals

Nice justicar tho.

The best way to make him is get an old metal justicar termimator and use the heraldry shield and bits from the new GK termimator pack.

Sorry, that's not Justicar Thawn. Check page 43 of the codex and you will see his heraldry, the helmet he wears and a chest up representation of him. With symbol and deals

Nice justicar tho.

Hardly chest up mate. And he can always take his helm off...

But you have a point about the heraldy, and the rosarius.

Worth trying to work it into the model....shouldn't take to much extra effort.

I like the idea of a grave marker...could make it slightly more elaborate mind...

Sorry, that's not Justicar Thawn. Check page 43 of the codex and you will see his heraldry, the helmet he wears and a chest up representation of him. With symbol and deals

Nice justicar tho.

Hardly chest up mate. And he can always take his helm off...

But you have a point about the heraldy, and the rosarius.

Worth trying to work it into the model....shouldn't take to much extra effort.

I like the idea of a grave marker...could make it slightly more elaborate mind...

Yeah that's why I said ' representation'. It gives you the basic look he would have front on at the top. As for helmets off, never understood that... Why take your helmet off during battle unless it's damaged.

Anyway, I like the grave theme too.

Sorry, that's not Justicar Thawn. Check page 43 of the codex and you will see his heraldry, the helmet he wears and a chest up representation of him. With symbol and seals

Nice justicar tho.

The best way to make him is get an old metal justicar termimator and use the heraldry shield and bits from the new GK termimator pack.

Its a picture of a Terminator helmet, I'm pretty sure it was a stock image used in the last Daemonhunters Codex too (although I'm not completely sure about that)

the artwork on justicar thawns page is just generic page filler artwork, it can be seen throughout the codex and not just on his page.

he could do with tidying up as others have said, and also in terms of adding more depth to the model, make sure if you go down that route that you use heavily watered down black paint or ink, not badab black, the washes will have a matting effect on your work and dont offer as much contrast as the watered down paint route.

the artwork on justicar thawns page is just generic page filler artwork, it can be seen throughout the codex and not just on his page.

True, however it first appears as the only image on Justicar Thawns page, and its an image of a terminator with a heraldry not shown anywhere else but that

image. This image only repeats itself twice more further to the back of the the codex. Other pictures are repeated throughout the codex.

It may be filler art but then its also convenient that it is a terminator/justicar with a unique heraldry on a unique named justicars page, appearing first in the codex on that page.

Archived