Good Morning Scions Of Sanguinius

1Drop

Hey bros, what's up this rather windy and dreadful morning? I just went and picked up a box of GK pa a box of SG and a box of DC to kit bash a couple of librarians and stuff, pretty excited to get into the boxes so I just thought I'd share that with you all, ha,ha.

So what are you guys up to today, what have you got Planned that is BA shapped for the week?

Finish off painting my Baal Pred then start doing some of the special characters that I've recently bought (or stripped the paint off). Got a game tomorrow night and am debating between the sensible mech list or a ridiculous (but fun) DC+SR+Dread list.

I'm in the process of painting a Angels Sanguine Librarian (with Sanguinary Guard Jump Pack and wings) as a gift to the staff of the public library. I've had a part-time job there for three years and Friday is my last day so it felt right... I'll upload a picture when I'm finished.

work and practice is going to keep me from doing much of anything hobby related until after wednesdays gig unfortunately -_-

But I will try and find time to at least prime my new improved Seth (improved means with greenstuff beard ;) ) and maybe re do a couple of gems/lenses on my Lemartes that I had previously mucked up :D

@morolian

You know the DC SR is calling you ;)

@Angelofdeath

That's really nice of you, would live to see the pics. Are you paintin him regular Libby or adding yellow? I'm about out to start making a Libby and I don't wanna just paint him blue!

@IronKobra

Haha, nice one.. Can't wait to see your self portrait :P

@JamesI

Did you try the leviathan purple wash on the gold armour I've been bangin' on about?

As long as they aren't Grey Knights.... I tried that.. NOT a good idea..

I'm assuming this is a response to me.

I know who I'm playing, but he has several armies. Nids, Ultras, DE, Tau, Chaos. but the army he plays the most is Ultras. GK are not a threat today.

@JamesI

Did you try the leviathan purple wash on the gold armour I've been bangin' on about?

No, haven't gotten my hands on any yet.

@Angelofdeath

That's really nice of you, would live to see the pics. Are you paintin him regular Libby or adding yellow? I'm about out to start making a Libby and I don't wanna just paint him blue!

I painted him half red half black (divided vertically) and I painted the sashes lightblue.. I'll probably also paint the shoulderpads lightblue.. Also (which I'm quite fond of I painted the eyes in a "glowing" manner.. I'll be home in about an hour.. Then I'll shoot and upload a picture and post the link here :P

@Angelofdeath

I painted him half red half black (divided vertically) and I painted the sashes lightblue.. I'll probably also paint the shoulderpads lightblue.. Also (which I'm quite fond of I painted the eyes in a "glowing" manner.. I'll be home in about an hour.. Then I'll shoot and upload a picture and post the link here :P

Ah yeah, for some reason I thought you had said lamanters not angels sanguine, lol, so he wouldn't be yellow at all.

Got any ideas for a paint scheme for a regular BA Libby? I find the whole blue thing a bit boring!

@Angelofdeath

Ah yeah, for some reason I thought you had said lamanters not angels sanguine, lol, so he wouldn't be yellow at all.

Got any ideas for a paint scheme for a regular BA Libby? I find the whole blue thing a bit boring!

When I get my own I'll probably do it the same as I'm doing now only instead of the half-red half-black I'll go for a completely red armour with light-blue "glowing" trims... And a light-blue sash... I'd probably (if helmeted) paint the eyes blue as well.

I'm waiting for a Razorback and the new Dreadnought to arrive, hopefully they'll show up on thursday. Until that I don't have anything to do :P

This evening I hope to finish off my first Angel Sanguine assault marine srgt, I only had a little time over the weekend to work on him but I did manage to get all his weapon options magnetised, well only the pistol options since I opted to just glue his fist on since I always give him one (Thunder Hammers just don't do it for me). The magnetizsed bolt/plasma/flamer/infernus pistols look great though and I'm excited to get them all painted, up.

I should be able to have him pretty much completed by Wednesday hopefully and then the only thing the rest of his squad lacks are there heads. I always seem to leave them for last because I hate making yellow look decent so I try and batch paint all of them at once.

Finishing off my first Land Speeder.

It's black with red trim and the pilots are black with red helmets.

And then I'll paint some Death Company.

I painted it black to compliment my Stormraven when I paint that black.

So then I will have a Stormraven and 2 land speeders all in black. I will later add another land speeder to make a full squadron of 3 models.

Then with 3 black land speeders and a Stormraven with Death Company in transit along with a Deathnought in the grapple it will look awesome!

An all black (with some red) Aerial Strike Force, The Death Squadron!

The Stormraven can be called The Storm Vulture.

When I paint a red one I'll call it Red Dog Leader. Haha!

Oh, and I'm also working on my 200point Kill Team for this Sunday the 22nd.

Finishing off my first Land Speeder.

It's black with red trim and the pilots are black with red helmets.

And then I'll paint some Death Company.

I painted it black to compliment my Stormraven when I paint that black.

So then I will have a Stormraven and 2 land speeders all in black. I will later add another land speeder to make a full squadron of 3 models.

Then with 3 black land speeders and a Stormraven with Death Company in transit along with a Deathnought in the grapple it will look awesome!

An all black (with some red) Aerial Strike Force, The Death Squadron!

The Stormraven can be called The Storm Vulture.

When I paint a red one I'll call it Red Dog Leader. Haha!

Oh, and I'm also working on my 200point Kill Team for this Sunday the 22nd.

That all sounds insanely fun.

Painting 10 assault termies

Painting 10 sanguinary guards

Painting 74 weapons on various devs, tacs, scouts and so on

Primed 6 Tiger E tanks for FoW

and then when I can't be bothered anymore, I'll paint some of my own BA's :(

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/136/0/7/angels_sanguine_librarian_by_reinoutjansen-d3gi364.jpg

This is the Librarian I was painting... You can read the reason I choose these colours here: http://reinoutjansen.deviantart.com/art/An...arian-209116300 I must say I'm very pleased with the way the eyes turned out.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/136/0/7/angels_sanguine_librarian_by_reinoutjansen-d3gi364.jpg

This is the Librarian I was painting... You can read the reason I choose these colours here: http://reinoutjansen.deviantart.com/art/An...arian-209116300 I must say I'm very pleased with the way the eyes turned out.

Really nice model.

I'm trying to decide what weapon to give my librarian, should I just go with a bolt pistol or should I upgrade to a storm bolter or infernos pistol?

Archived