Lamenter Land Speeder Typhoons

mega_marines

Well, just finished up a pair of Land Speeder Typhoons for my Lamenters army, and I was hoping to combine both battle damage seen on my Storm Ravens and infantry since the pilots are heavily exposed on the speeders.

Anyways, I've named the Typhoons "Stormclaw" and "Talisman". Stormclaw got its name because in it's course of being built, it ended up sitting through a storm of models I made and patiently sat there, waiting to be painted. Talisman garnered its name simply by being lucky and surviving falling off my local GW's painting and slamming into the floor. Didn't get stepped on by the busy people either, their feet missing it by inches.

On to the models! Enjoy!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0995.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0996.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/megamarines/IMG_0998.jpg

-Matt ^_^

Could have sworn the missile pod surrounds were painted with black and white chequers when I first looked...

You know, I was wondering if I should incorporate checkers on the vehicle itself, but in IA: 10, I didn't really see any on any vehicle, so I just kind of left it out. My Storm Raven duo and a few vehicles have checker-patterns, but I feel the Land Speeder may be just too small for 'em.

Very nice ! :)

G :HQ:

Thanks! :D

Nice models.

Can't say I'm crazy about the HB/Typhoon combo, my meta is mostly marines though.

Hah, I make my armies Rule Of Cool. To be honest, I personally despise the meta, and if I like something, it goes in my army, regardless of effectiveness. ^_^

Hah, I make my armies Rule Of Cool. To be honest, I personally despise the meta, and if I like something, it goes in my army, regardless of effectiveness. ^_^

I totally agree, my army is so fluffy it would be more likely to hug my opponent than beat him!

Nice models.

Can't say I'm crazy about the HB/Typhoon combo, my meta is mostly marines though.

I think the heavy bolter is the perfect match to the Typhoon. Able to move 12 and fire the heavy bolter and frags, or move 6 and fire a heavy botler and kraks.

The HB/Typhoon combo has greater range than the MM/Typhoon combo which helps it survive.

Nice models.

I think the heavy bolter is the perfect match to the Typhoon. Able to move 12 and fire the heavy bolter and frags, or move 6 and fire a heavy botler and kraks.

The HB/Typhoon combo has greater range than the MM/Typhoon combo which helps it survive.

As I said, mostly marine players in my area. HB will need an average of 6-7 shots for a single wound against MEQ.

Could have sworn the missile pod surrounds were painted with black and white chequers when I first looked...

You know, I was wondering if I should incorporate checkers on the vehicle itself, but in IA: 10, I didn't really see any on any vehicle, so I just kind of left it out. My Storm Raven duo and a few vehicles have checker-patterns, but I feel the Land Speeder may be just too small for 'em.

DO IT.

Nice speeders, brah. ;P

DO IT.

Nice speeders, brah. ;P

Hah! Maybe if they perform well in their next games, maybe.

But in the first game they scored an impressive tally of 15 Marines, 2 Razorbacks, a Baal Predator, and a Terminator Chaplain. Those missiles are deadly! :D

Archived