Land raiders and charge!

OoZo

Me and my friend is arguing about how far a land raider can move and still embark its units so they can charge.

I am think 12 inches and he says 6.. We have checked in the rules and as far as we can see it its quite unclear..

Please help us out!

The rules for disembarking don't include a speed or movement distance. I suspect that's the point of confusion. The disembarkation rules reflect normal vehicles which can only move 12" maximum. Therefore, all vehicles, fast or slow, can move 12" and disembark troops. The only speed restriction for disembarking is for Fast transports moving at Flat Out speed.

A Land Raider can indeed move 12", disembark troops 2" from the assault ramp, and charge 6".

The only time you can't disembark (or embark) is when a fast transport has moved more than 12".

Unless it's a stormraven or a red trukk. Or a space wolf saga involved.

why would storm raven be different?

The only time you can't disembark (or embark) is when a fast transport has moved more than 12".

Storm Ravens have a special rule (Skies of Blood) that allows passengers to disembark through deep strike if it moves fast.

why would storm raven be different(i feel so stupid)?

Skies of Blood special rule.

Archived