Raven Guard OR Templar Terminator

Evening fellow fans of Power Armour.

This will be the first time I'm actually posting some of my work on the board.

I'm working on a Terminator at the moment and I'm having a hard time deciding if I should make him a Black Templar or Raven Guard.

I've had plans to start an army of both previously and I have a lot of Raven Guard goodies from Forgeworld stacked away, as well as a some Templar bits.

I'm not doing two black Marine armies so I have to decide on one, which is hard since I love both chapters.

I'm leaning towards Raven Guard at the moment though.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r238/Machinepriest/Hobby/Raven-or-Templar.jpg

As you can see, he is doing the Black Knight from Monty Python thing...

I could just paint a pair of lightning claws back and decide on the shoulder pads later, but here's the problem.

I'm not sure if Raven Guard Terminators arms are black or white, which I think look rather snazzy, even though painting white is a pain.

So this is why I'm posting.

I haven't seen many Raven Guard Termies out there so I don't have much to go on.

The ones painted by the French(?) painter Raff have white shoulder pads, black arms and white Power Fists / weapons and that looks great.

But I was wondering, has there been any word on how RG Terminators look in the fluff?

I know a lot of you think I should just go with what I think looks best, but I'm a big of a purist when it comes to "official" colour schemes, even though they tend to change back and forth.

Some input would be awesome.

Edit: Sorry for the awful photo...

Excellent looking model, arms or no arms. You'd be most welcome amongst the BT ranks, but if you choose Corax I suppose I can't fault a guy for having a lack of taste.... ;)

Anyway, on the white arms question (assuming I read that correctly) the only time I can recall seeing RG with white 'arms' is in terms of power fists/lightning claws, in which just the big fist and fingers are made white.

Archived