Blood Angel heros of old

bushman101

I've always kind of wondered what happened to some of the old BA heros.

We get DC Dreads in our newest codex, but what happened to Moriar fluff-wise? I don't recall anything that says he's alive or otherwise.

And what of Sgt. Cluetin?

I belive moriar is still alive and kicking dont have codex to hand but one of the storys in it. Involing orks and blood angels includes moriar and death company been droped of in middle of ork forces and beating everything up.

Yes My Dad's still living.

He's one of the revered old DC dreads who takes the younger ones under his wing for training.......lol

You know the best way to smoosh an Ork, which Growlie noises work best on the charge that kinda thing

He's a quiet man who likes his privacy!! :lol:

Yeah, I see plenty of mention of Morriar in the codex. But since his model was 'dropped' (meaning, Moriar doesn't have his own stats), I figured maybe there was a fluff reason. (Then again, Tycho is deceased but has a playable model(s).)

As I recall, Sgt. Cluetin never had a model, but I found it strange that someone as important as the 'Keeper of the Shroud' just disappears.

Yeah, I see plenty of mention of Morriar in the codex. But since his model was 'dropped' (meaning, Moriar doesn't have his own stats), I figured maybe there was a fluff reason. (Then again, Tycho is deceased but has a playable model(s).)

As I recall, Sgt. Cluetin never had a model, but I found it strange that someone as important as the 'Keeper of the Shroud' just disappears.

He's a DC Dreadnaught, he's doesn't have his own rules, if you want to play him he just uses the DC Dread rules!

EDIT: did he have a model before and was he a marine then or a DC Dread?

The was no 'official' model for Moriar, but when they first relesed the metal Furioso dread this was obviously its intended use. More often than not that model was painted black than red. I had one myself, and converted my own once the Ironclad was released, yes dropped form the codex but he exists in the DC dread even if he isn't named:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPMoriar71.jpg

As for cleutin, there is a very rare model knocking around based on the Bloodquest, but he hasn't appeared in a codex since 2nd Ed.

Wasn't the first furioso model first Moriar and then furioso dread?

Nope, only ever just called 'Blood Angels Furioso Dread'. because it was a regular option in the codex and the character, people had the option to make the model either.

So there was rules for him separate from the DC Dread or was it just the same rules as we have for the DC Dread now?

They were quite different. He scored 2d6 against veichles, as all furiosos and had either +d3 or +d6 attacks on charge. Don't recall which.

The blood talons would never have flown in 3rd edition, as even a captain with a powersword was good then. Assault marines with 2 attacks in the profile cost

40 points. Awesome terminator honours.

So there was rules for him separate from the DC Dread or was it just the same rules as we have for the DC Dread now?

They were quite different. He scored 2d6 against veichles, as all furiosos and had either +d3 or +d6 attacks on charge. Don't recall which.

The blood talons would never have flown in 3rd edition, as even a captain with a powersword was good then. Assault marines with 2 attacks in the profile cost

I missed the 3rd of 4th editions. It seams like alot of crazy :HQ: happened in those editions and things have been grounded a bit more in the BA dex. I mean what was it about having mandatory DC or something, was that a good or a bad thing?

The was no 'official' model for Moriar, but when they first relesed the metal Furioso dread this was obviously its intended use. More often than not that model was painted black than red. I had one myself, and converted my own once the Ironclad was released, yes dropped form the codex but he exists in the DC dread even if he isn't named:

http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/IronKobra84/WIPMoriar71.jpg

As for cleutin, there is a very rare model knocking around based on the Bloodquest, but he hasn't appeared in a codex since 2nd Ed.

Not trying to hijack this thread but...this dread is awesome. The painting is super clean and really well done. Kudos!

I missed the 3rd of 4th editions. It seams like alot of crazy :D happened in those editions and things have been grounded a bit more in the BA dex. I mean what was it about having mandatory DC or something, was that a good or a bad thing?

That was the best thing ever. So good in fact, that Blood Angles were simply SM+. You had to roll, and on a 4+ (or was it 3-?) you got a free d.c man. If he was a sarge, you could pick, he'd get a free power weapon or fist. Jump packs were also free, and you could also choose a free rhino instead. Blood Angels could also go up to 18 inches in a rhino, disembark and rapid fire (or well, the could later in 3,5th as I'll never call that edition 4th). Did I mention D.C had furious charge and Ignore Injury in a time when almost no units had any special rules at all?

and thats just the death company stuff. chaplins could control them too. as could priests. and everything had furious charge. and you rolled for each unit each turn and if you rolled a 1 you essientially had forced fleet(good for choopy, not so good for shooty) scouts had marine stats and gave members to eath co, chaplins gave you extra death co(3+d3) and we had sanguary high priests(that essientially were a priest and chappy in one...)

did anyone ever see any more mention of veteran sargent Adeon?

he was the guy with the powerfist that went bezerk on a plant....(great story and sounded cool but sadly no rules..) would be nice if they would have brought up a character for us like they did with lyslander or sicarius. we went the other way with tycho going down...

The sanguinary high priests sound amazing... Wish we could control death company now, did that just mean the enemy could not Benny Hill them across the board?

the Sanguinary High Priests (not sanguinary priests :P) were rather good though and basicly had acces to the armoury :) i alwaysh ad fun with my jump packing dual LC's wearing priest ^_^

the DC rocked back then, sometimes units were so depleted from the DC however (every marine that succumbed to the DC left its original units, sometimes you had units with only 3 models left :lol: )

mind you the DC could be benny hilled if the chapy or priest bit the dust, but generally when that happend they were allready in combat kicking *** and taking names B)

The sanguinary high priests sound amazing... Wish we could control death company now, did that just mean the enemy could not Benny Hill them across the board?

Yeah, and before we get further O.T, the priests weren't exactly as good then as now.

lies! sure the fnp wasnt as good but it was better than most back then. also they negated the death cos rage. and they gave the unit they joined rerolls to hit. and access to the armoury( so dual lightening claws and an iron halo) so you could have a character and unit that really could hurt anything in the game. and everything had furious charge anyway, and our veichles were different some way that we could move futher and get out and still assault. and if you won combat you could consolidate into another unit... so really i fail to see how they wernt as good, they were different and to me better (and an hq with a real chaplins stats...) i just invested so many points into my death co that i couldnt get them in(chaplins all the way with scouts and vindis...)

Yeah, and before we get further O.T, the priests weren't exactly as good then as now.

lies! sure the fnp wasnt as good but it was better than most back then. also they negated the death cos rage. and they gave the unit they joined rerolls to hit. and access to the armoury( so dual lightening claws and an iron halo) so you could have a character and unit that really could hurt anything in the game. and everything had furious charge anyway, and our veichles were different some way that we could move futher and get out and still assault. and if you won combat you could consolidate into another unit... so really i fail to see how they wernt as good, they were different and to me better (and an hq with a real chaplins stats...) i just invested so many points into my death co that i couldnt get them in(chaplins all the way with scouts and vindis...)

Which is nowhere as good as a FNP and F.C bubble =)

i beg to differ... furious charge was everywhere and was free. and the unit could have fnp(essientially) and the chaplin benifits and the killyness benifits from the priest himself. usually when you have that you dont need another unit to have fc and fnp...

Archived