Landspeeder

madscuzzy

Many years ago, I did this little image, and have to admit, it resonated with me. umspeeder.jpg

Ever since, I have been wanting to do another one, but never got around to doing it. Anyways, I did do up a new one, sans colour...:P

http://scuzworks.com/SL40K/ART/speeder.jpg

Very very cool, it'd be hard to tell this apart from a picture from a codex.

A little niggle though... the 'burst' from the heavy bolter looks a little unrealistic at the base of the explosion, all jagged-y.

That's a very nice start! Adding that second speeder is also a good idea. As far as the background color goes, I'd definitely stick with the warmer pallette you seem to be leaning towards already. If I were you, I'd intensify some of the background areas by pulling in some of the colors you have going on in the exhaust plume.

Also, I realize you aren't finished or anything, but I'd suggest that you deepen the shadows toward the back of the speeder, gradually getting lighter as you come forward to the nose. I think it will help you give more of a feeling of forward motion as the eye is drawn toward the front of the speeder.

Here is a quick example of what I'm suggesting. Perhaps it's a bit too cartoonish for what is (so far) a very reserved shading and color scheme? I'm in no way trying to take this project away from you, but to merely show you what I mean since I'm not sure my explanation alone would suffice to communicate what I'm trying to suggest.

gallery_41573_6158_303001.jpg

Again, great work so far. I've never bothered to post in one of your threads, but always enjoy seeing your work when you share it with us. <_<

--Xeones

Archived