Better a Servant of the Emperor...

Doghouse

Doghouse this whole unti is really coming together nicely now mate, I really like the unique qulity about your henchmen; the green PA contrasting well with the black white cheque & the red & yellow. I like the way they are each personalised - reminds me of the colonial marines from Aliens with the words die etc and the daggers on their shoulder pauldrons.

Cheers guys. ;)

Mr.Malevolent: The green is mostly washes. I painted the model in gretchin green then gave them a wash of thraka green. When that was dry I went over them again with watered down gretchin green, then when that was dry I then went over the recesses and joins with watered down catachan green followed by griffin sepia wash when the base coat was dry. I then highlighted the model with gretchin green mixed with some skull white.

It's mostly about layering the colours till you get one you are happy with. :)

Dorns padawan: It's tricky because if I go too far they'll end up looking like a bunch of individuals rather than a unit. I'm hoping that they'll really contrast with the Grey Knights in the army, so you'll have these ill disciplined yobs in power armour and the noble and almost alien Grey Knights.

The PA henchman look fantastic in their individualized armor. They make me think of the art work in the Rouge Trader rules and the compendium. The painted skull face helmet is my current favorite. I may just have to make one or two to amuse myself and pay homage to your genius. Thanks for keeping us updated.

• 1 month later...

Archived