countering deathstar units

I played in a 2k tourney yesterday and I won the first game but the second game the guy had 4 special characters from the SM book (lysander and pedro cantor in the same squad, the sniper guy and the vindicator guy) and had created 2 deathstar units. Now besides lash and tarpitting, do we have any ways to fight something like that? I threw beserkers at it, fired plasma like crazy, and eventually just tried to run away from it but it still got me. I'm only just now getting back into tourneys so these deathstar units are new to me.

Sadly, not many counters to anyone's Deathstars that doesn't involve spamming Oblits, Abaddon, maybe Khârn in a Rhino with a bunch of Berserkers. Lash isn't a viable option anymore since everyone has antipsyker gear now. It's a savage world out there for us now. :)

I know some people are having success with modified Termicide squads packing Plasma instead, depending on the available points you could even bump it up to 4 guys.

Also depending on the exact type of deathstar, units of Lesser Daemons can do a good job of tarpitting. This is especially true against things with fewer, big attacks like TH/SS Terminators.

Well, running people over with tanks is by far the most fun way...

Saw a Gray Knights character (Driago?) get killed like that just the other day. It was a most funny way to end the battle.

Lesser demons are good for tying death stars up, there fearless and there saves are invulnerable, so it basically dosnt matter if they have power weapons or not. 2 units of lesser demons are cheaper then most death stars and can tar pit a death star unit for most of the game.

Archived