Flesh Tearer helmet color predicament

So I decided to paint using the Flesh Tearers palette but then I thought that perhaps having shoulder pads, eagle, helmet, and backpack all black that it might be too much black and I thought that instead I should follow the Blood Angel squad coherency with the different helmet colors to categorize what type of marine. So I painted up an assault marine with all the colors of a flesh tearer but with a yellow helmet. I'm just wondering what you all think of this. I'm torn because I think it looks good but not when compared to the fluff of the chapter. Any insights, thoughts, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks,

I've considered painting the helmets black, and adding a stripe of the appropriate color to them. I differentiate my veterans by edging their pauldrons in gold, but I haven't finished my assault squad yet. Only my jump pack assault squad is going to wear helmets (I just can't think it's a good idea to jump out of a Thunderhawk without proper headgear, no matter how crazy or bloodthirsty you are), the ground-pounders are all going to be helmetless, so they can rip enemy throats out with their teeth.

The MK VI helms would have a yellow stripe all the way down the front, while MK VII or otherwise will likely have a stripe kind of off-center. I'm going to test it first, and I won't be able to finish them until my move back to the States is complete (everything shipped away on Thursday last week <_< ), but I'll post up some photos when I'm finished with them.

You can also paint the upper portion of the helmet yellow whilst keeping the lower face guard portion black. Like this.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy43/Skawolf/PIC_1178.jpg

Interesting find, not sure how to paint that and actually make it look good to me. But definitely something to think about.

^

Just making the mohawk-esque crest on the helmets yellow would suffice (and probably look good,) or you could try a hazard stripe or hazard arrow idea...

-CC

I still think a stripe would be the way to go personally. I am a Knights of Blood player so I have quite a bit or artistic licence when it comes to my painting. With my Terminators I did a couple with yellow and red helmets. you could do something similar with black and yellow :)

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/joeygoldcoast/Knights%20of%20Blood/IMG_0008.jpg

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww200/joeygoldcoast/Knights%20of%20Blood/IMG_0009.jpg

Please ignore the flash on the 2nd hammer (oops) its now gone :)

Archived