Chaplain conversion

ron

Firepower: It is the DA icon with a small portion of the handle trimmed off. It's a close representation of his belt buckle.

In all reality, he's not exactly covered in Templar iconography either so the painting of the model will carry the model in addition to the sculpting.

where is the skull helmet bit from? ive been trying to find a nice skull to GS into a "helmet" for my chaplain and that looks perfect

Check out Ron's blog at the link in his signature. He has an excellent tutorial for making the skull helmet for regular power armored marines and terminators as well. All of his tutorials are very well done and the explanations and pics are top notch.

Firepower: It is the DA icon with a small portion of the handle trimmed off. It's a close representation of his belt buckle.

In all reality, he's not exactly covered in Templar iconography either so the painting of the model will carry the model in addition to the sculpting.

The original artwork shows a Raven Guard chaplain- the belt buckle in the art is actually a RG chapter symbol.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

XKhalilX: Looks like someone beat me to posting the skull tutorial link.

The skull itself comes from some Chaos bit where it is a chain that is draped between two skulls. They are slightly larger than the average skull bit out there and have some nice angles to them.

Imperial Monkey: There is a model on the DA cover off to the left that looks like a Librarian in the background that I really want to try one day. We'll see.

Unfortunately, I won't get to paint this guy as he's been mailed off to the Client already. It was a "build only" project for me.

I do have another one I am working on and it is the Custode model from the cover of The First Heretic book. I'll be sure to post it once I'm done with that one as well.

Awesome man. Really looks like the picture.

EDIT: Wait... is that artwork from the 4th Ed Space Marine codex, or the Black Templars one? Because I assumed it was from that picture with a company all lined up, a chaplain walking among them. As I remember, he looked a lot like this.

epic... much better than the chaplain that i recently kit bashed (chaos marine skull helmet, chaos marine ornate shoulders [with the 8 pointed stars removed], the master of the chapter storm sheild guys sheild [as a crozius] and the chaos lords massive double edged chainfist [as a result of the huge chainblde i decided to learn how to paint blood splatters]

• 4 weeks later...

Archived