Kitbashed Librarian

Raphiel

Since I already have a librarian in terminator armour finished, I figured I could use one in power armour as well. Now, I for one do not much care for the current range of librarians that GW offers. They just don't really do it for me. So I figured I might as well dive into my bitz box en see what I can come up with. The bits I used shouldn't be that hard to guess I think...

I'm pretty pleased with the result, I hope you like it as well!

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45/AzzY_NL/IMGP0315e.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45/AzzY_NL/IMGP0318e.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy45/AzzY_NL/IMGP0319e.jpg

nice kitbash brother!

though i think i would've turned his head a little to his right and modelled a warp power (fireball or something) out of green stuff to his left hand, but nice work nonetheless :D

I disagree. In my opinion green stuffed warp powers generally look a bit... terrible :/ I'm loving the laurels on the psychic hood though!

Seconded. On both counts. :D

to me the force weapon looks like the champion sword from the comand box with the power section from a thunder hammer on the end of the banner bearer poll?

really nice job there clever use of what looks like the missile hand!

You're close! It's the power sword from the Dark Angels veterans sprue, power section of the power mace from same sprue and indeed, the banner bearer pole from the command squad. I intend to make the polearm a bit more ornate by painting 'whirly' patterns on it, as seen on the terminator librarian staff.

I did create a greenstuff psychic blue flame of sorts, but I just wasn't quite pleased with it. To give a feeling of psychic powers, I do intend to make the handpalm glow blue, along with the eye lenses radiating a blue light. Perhaps even a bit of source lighting on the chest armor if I feel adventurous...

i see what you mean, making GS warp powers look good is difficult.

the idea with the glowing palm is nice, but i'd still reposition the head to let it look like he's aiming or aquiring a target.

Fairly sure its a shoulder pad cut and shaped. With a bit of patience its not too tricky to pull off.

Correct. It is indeed a standard shoulder pad, cut to the form of a psychic hood. Simply drill/shave two semi-circles into the sides of the shoulder pad. At the rim of the pad there are a few gaps, which you can easily use as a guideline to make the circle shapes even.

I believe there might be a tutorial somewhere on these boards, a quick search should lead to some results!

Archived