My First Model

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to painting miniatures. I have terrible art skills (I nearly failed a grade 9 art class!), so feedback is much appreciated. I still have some touch ups on this guy, but any advice on what to do next would be great.

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo40/PYR025067/100_0280.jpg

A lot better then my first paint job (better then any of my paint jobs....). Hosting pictures are pretty hard to do on the forum and I wish they made it straight from documents to website instead of using a middleman.

Yeah, I wasn't sure where to host the pictures from, so I just used photobucket and it came out tiny

The B+C has a Gallery you can upload your pictures too. Just click "My Albums to go straight to oyurs on the otp right hand side. I use it for all my model pics. :P

For a 1st attempt I'm impressed, a lot better than my horror story 4 years ago. :)

Cambrius

What do you mean by coverage? And I don't have Badab black, but I have black ink, will that work the same?

As in layering the red on smoothly and such. A Badab Black wash will really ad to this model. It is the bread and butter nowadays of helping to accentuate models. My other recommendaiton would be to maybe chose a more opposite colour for the claw to make it stand out against the marine's armour. This though is still a finely superb effort for a first attempt. Smile and be proud brother!

Cambrius

Archived