Finecast Captain Stern WIP

I hate to jinx this as you've done impressive work so far...but I'm worried that Finecast's tendancies to bend (especially under typical summer temperatures) will cause the paint to flake and fall off, long after it's dried. Have you found this to actually happen?

I've heard this, but have yet to see it happen. It also seems that this current wave of Finecast has arrived with far fewer defects that the initial wave. Perhaps GW tried to rush that initial batch out and overlooked far too many flops.

I will be working with some Finecast this week, so I'll post some updates about the paint issues as well.

I was demonstrating how well the sword bent on Friday (painted). Gave it a fair bit of flex, no cracking, no flaking. I wouldn't worry about the paint adhesion at all.

It seems GW has starting hand-packing / checking now. A retailer who post over at Warseer has reported getting blisters in both with and without the sprue which seems to indicate they're using parts from several sprues to get the packed product together. Now we'll see if the overall quality improves, but you can bet this will incur another price increase sooner rather than later.

Archived