Counts as Jetbikes

With all the nice jetbike conversion tutorials around these days I thought it would be a great way to make use of a bunch of SM bikes I have from an all bike army that never happened. As I see it when it comes to bringing them to the table top legally in a regular game of 40k I have 2 options:

1. Counts as bike, I base them low similar in height to the original model, if I go this route I don't anticipate any problems.

2. Counts as landspeeders, mounted on landspeeder transparent flight pole thingies, with suitable armament conversions. This tickles my fancy a little more but I'm worried people will feel the bike is too small and I am modelling for advantage.

What do you guys think ?

Edit: Spelling.

I think the only 2 rule issues are WYSIWYG(BRB p47) and bases(BRB p3) both basically say its all good if the opponent(and tournament organizer/judge) knows and agrees. other then them l see no problem with ether. That being said the only Space marine jetbike l know of is Sammael's from the Dark angels Ravenwing.

some people might not like option 2 as facing sizes make a big difference(BRB p60 the pic) for which facing is hit, and will object if a competitive advantage is made.

WYSIWYG might end up with the 'speeders' looking like attack bikes. In fact, I think theyd probly fit better as attack bikes in a jetbike styled army with actual speeders as the speeders.

Bases shouldnt be a problem, just put them on a normal base of the appropriate size and shape. Mine arent on any... cause they didnt come with any. Though Im told this has changed.

Thanks for the replies guys, I will continue to ponder the options, I do like that as bikes they are capable of assault. I always think of the old RT Apothecary with one hand on the handle bars and the other holding his chainsword like hes lining someone up for the big swipe, so I guess speeders might let me down in that respect.

Archived