Last Call from Maelstrom!

Reichfaust

Hi all,

As you may be aware, GW's new policies on international shipping come into effect in a couple of days, and no longer will international customers like myself be able to take advantage of the low, low prices offered at many UK-based gaming webstores. As such, I have gone all out and am seriously bolstering my army (and spending most of my paychecks in the process!). I have already made two orders;

First Order:

1x Dreadnought

1x Venerable Dreadnought

1x Ironclad Dreadnought

5x Scout Snipers

Second Order:

5x Assault Terminators

1x Land Raider Crusader/Redeemer

1x Drop Pod

10x Tactical Marines

1x Razorback

1x Vindicator

Now I am seriously considering spending what little monies I have left on a third order! This is what I'm thinking;

Potential Third Order:

1x Land Speeder

10x Tactical Marines

1x Razorback

Basically, my army is not very big at the moment, so this would be my 3rd Tactical Squad w/Transport, which I think is a pretty respectable number of troops to be able to field, considering I will also have 12 Scouts (All Snipers, with 1x Telion, 1x Heavy Bolter and 1x Missile Launcher for options), either as a 10-man firebase or as two 6-man teams. And I really want a Land Speeder because I have wanted one ever since I saw a Land Speeder/Buggy conversion! However instead of a Razorback I am considering getting a Predator or a Whirlwind instead, and magnetising the weapons so I have the option of taking a transport or a heavy support option. However I'm concerned that the viability of 3 rhinos will be too much to overlook and as such my Predator/Whirlwind would not see a lot of action. Any thoughts?

Well, it's tactica in that I was seeking advice on building a decent army with a solid core and flexible options game-to-game. But w/e, I got what I wanted anyway :P

Archived