Grey Knights

This Is my first grey knight army. I have always been a CSM Nurgle player. Decided to go to the Lighter side of 40K. I am looking for any pointers on my painting skill what is bad, what I can do better, and anything you all like. Also can anyone tell me how to add images to these post so i can upload photos to it?

What I do is create an album on B&C (Click 'My Controls' at the top of the page, click 'Your Albums' in the sidebar, click 'Create Album', follow the directions and fill out details as is needed and don't forget to use the 'Browse' function to add images direct from whatever source you're using), and then, from the images you may have added from your PC, flashcard, memory stick, etc, cut and paste the BBcode to the post you're making. I hope I got this right enough to help you. :(

It's right there when you write a fast reply. The little icon next to the yellow smiley, yes? The one that says "Insert Image"? It opens a magic window that needs you to put in the full URL of the image. Not the file name. Not the directory on your computer. The URL of where you oploaded the picture.

It is really easy if you just take five minutes to look.

About time you started this thread, plague! lol. Anyhow, they're looking pretty good so far, brother, but I still think they could really benefit from a wash of either Devlan Mud, or Badab Black, depending on how you'd like 'em to turn out. Also, a trick I learned when doing my Night Lords' lightning is to make the lightning pattern with ice blue first, then a thin line of skull white overtop the ice blue, not quite covering the blue entirely. This will give it that glowing flash of electricity look. Keep it up, man, looking good so far. And again, about dang time you finally started posting. :)

@Cathar: Not everyone is computer-literate, dude. No need to be rude to the guy.

So This is going to be my Knight of the Flame..but I am not sure which arm I want to go with..So I am asking for any opions on this one.I do like the plaguebeare head but at the same time I am still a CSM Nurgle player and do not wish to have grandfather Nurgle smite me..so here they are..

gallery_58192_6135_994272.jpg

gallery_58192_6135_694261.jpg

Dude, you're building a Grey Knight army...Papa Nurgle don't like you much no matter what you choose! :lol: Seriously though, go with the halbred. The sword stuck in the ground is in a real odd position.

*Begins Chanting* Wash your metals, Wash your metals, Wash your metals, Wash your metals... :P Badab Black wash is your friend...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Give the termi a wash with Badab Black and/or Asurmen Blue. Paint looks a little thick in places but that could either be the mini itself or the undercoat but either way try thin your paints a bit and do a few more thin layers, instead of a thick one :mellow:. Keep it up!

Your white looks like it is having some coverage problems i would ether thin it down or use oil paints i use van gogh H2Oils their white covers amazingly! (although it takes a bit longer to dry)

Edit: Just found out that they have been discontinued so if you cant get them any "water-mixable" oil paint should work

@Nipolian- Thanks for the help, I have noticed the white is not covering very well, I will try thining it out.

@Tybrus- I will give that a try i have always been afaird of washes I have have a bad exprience with them with my choas army, They just seemed to come out too dark, any advice on that?

@Tybrus- I will give that a try i have always been afaird of washes I have have a bad exprience with them with my choas army, They just seemed to come out too dark, any advice on that?

I would mix the color (of paint) that would be washed on into the color silver you are using

I paint my grey knights by painting 1:3 mix of chaos and boltgun as a base then highlight most of the model with boltgun then highlight with a 1:3 mix of blue (i think i use eather regal or enchanted) and chainmail then i highlight with pure chainmail (these highlights are geting progressively smaller). I paint this in true metalics because you can control how light or dark you want the model and i find washes take away the shine of the metalics

I would mix the color (of paint) that would be washed on into the color silver you are using

I paint my grey knights by painting 1:3 mix of chaos and boltgun as a base then highlight most of the model with boltgun then highlight with a 1:3 mix of blue (i think i use eather regal or enchanted) and chainmail then i highlight with pure chainmail (these highlights are geting progressively smaller). I paint this in true metalics because you can control how light or dark you want the model and i find washes take away the shine of the metalics

Thanks for the help, just wondering i base my chaos black then a layer of tin bitz, if i add chaos black to the final layer i use which is boltgun would that give it a darker look?

Ya, thats how i usually paint metals (without the blue though )however i think it gives the metal a tarnished look (and half weathers them) but i think the Grey knights would take the time to polish there armor although if they have been in an extended conflict maybe not so its really your choice.

• 2 weeks later...
@Nipolian- Thanks for the advice sorry it took me so long to get back, and I was thinking the same way about grey knights polishing thier armor, what I tried was takeing black soot weathering powder on one going to post a picture of it here soon still decideing if i want to put more on it or not.

Looking much better, man, but the lack of a wash or ink is still jumping out at me. A watered down Asurmen Blue, or a watered down Badab Black would make your guys' details pop. Keep it up, bro!

Archived