Captain - New DIY Chapter

Hail Brothers and Sisters! After 4 years of working on my Sons of Doom, I thought I'd try a change of pace and begin work on a new chapter with all the spares I got! Since GW's prices have increased to beyiond my economic capacities I figured I'll work on what I have for a while.

I'm still on a toss up for the name, something related to or containing Dragons. I'm tempted with Royal Dragons due to the purple but I know there's potentially far better names out there in people's head if anyone's willing to suggest a name. :tu:

So onto the miniature! I won this guy in an ebay lot sale, not sure if he's a limited edition model or similar but I do love that axe of his.

Captain Harmun Draeg:

gallery_26154_4383_3227710.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_3227718.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_3228038.jpg

gallery_26154_4383_3228047.jpg

Comments as always appreciated! More will hopefully come soon with some tactical marines.

Cambrius

I like him, nice work! I've this model too, was on selling in a Games Day in Italy so sort of "limited" edition I presume. If you may try a new photo witha black or white background I think the miniature will result better :)

I like the model. But yeah, I would like to see a better picture.

As far as the name goes, I'd name the chapter something like ________ Hawks or ________ Lords. Since it's got purple as a main color, that's what Games Workshop tends to do. I think it'd fit, too.

When I made my own chapter, I first thought of the name of the planet they'd be from. Doing some background would help with the name. Also, go online and find a good latin translater and start throwing words into that. Use words like "war" and "eagle" and "sword." That's what I did. I was able to come up with the name Knights Bellicose for my own chapter and I really like it.

So there's my process. I hope it helps.

Archived