Sofa's WIP Trakka-dakka tread Dread thread

sofacoin

So, I've been working on Brother Yara, recently. He's very much only half-done... still needs a lot of fixin' before he's beautiful.

gallery_43622_6178_375820.jpg

He's made from the treads of a thunderfire cannon, a paint-stripped and hacked up dreadnought from Ebay, four IG HWT autocannon, Ravenwing sprue, the interior of a drop pod, a bit from an SoB immolator, and greenstuff. Those arms are based around some carefully cut drop-pod 'cubicle' walls, the ones to which the harnesses attach.

gallery_43622_6178_296220.jpg

The front needs the most work: the sarcophagous is pretty blatantly just slapped on top of the old one, the autocannon-drum there doesn't look like a natural piece of armour but instead a weirdly located bunch of ammo, and there's that bit where I ripped off the Crux Terminatus on the right. Equally, from a top-down view, the autocannon 'shoulder pads' need greenstuff in some pretty obvious handles!

med_gallery_43622_6178_440463.jpg

Dem barrels need a goo drilling, too. Sadly, for such a mobile looking dread, the mini itself has no part which move! Alas!

gallery_43622_6178_17867.jpg

Dat booty. Unf. Couldn't you just?

No. No you couldn't, and Yara wouldn't be amused if you tried.

The amount that needs filling and filing isn't even funny. The greenstuff on the autocannon backs is pretty grody (this is a bad thing, in this case). It's pretty flat, but it's pretty even, but it's not 100% perfect, and it needs to be. Oh, and there's, like, the texturing.

I'm also half-tempted to fill in the gap between the ammo drums and the Dreadnought shin-guards, AKA the armour plating. Whether it's 'cause the drums are REALLY BIG or whether they're just highly armoured is left as an exercise to the techpriest.

gallery_43622_6178_247281.jpg

Top down of Yara. See, there's room for ammo ejection! - Damn, I thought the narrowed engine-chimneys were level. Oh, well.

med_gallery_43622_6178_376210.jpg

That ugly bit of greenstuff's actually smooth and flat; it's just got a yellow bit in. Nice profile for Learned and Honoured Venerable Brother Yara's profile on ecclesiarchydating.m41.899.com. Twins, he wants.

Comments, questions, critiques, let them flow from you like casings from an assault cannon. I'll update when I've made Yara sexier.

Anyone else look at that rear picture and think "He needs a funny license plate!"

My other car's a Land Raider!

Or prehaps a 'How's my driving?' sign. :)

"Kick Me"

"Made in Korea"

"Vote Emperor"

"Honk 4 Dakka"

Anyway, interesting conversion. I'm so-so on the treads, but the weapon arms were done nicely.

Archived