Adeptus Custode conversion

ron

Bravo! Very nice work. I like the dynamic pose, it conveys lots of motion. My only problem is the mohawk. Everytime I see a mohawk, I expect to see a matching set of fangs...

Always nice to see your stuff Ron, its fantastic and I just wish I had your skill (and likely patience) to get my minis looking like this.

I have to agree with the above though not because I expect to see a Space Wolf. When I look at this mini I dont see an Adeptus Custodes and I think its because he doesnt have the helmet.

I know all Custodes dont wear the helmet all the time but I think they are defined by it.

The helmet is a very iconic piece of equipment for these guys, no doubt about it.

The Client and I went with the unhelmeted head with the mowhawk instead.

It made the conversion a bit tougher since I could not rely on that "helmet" to really carry the model, but I'd like to think it's going to be a success once it gets painted as the coloring of the model (reds and golds) will help define it as well.

Tanks for the honest feedback.

Hello,

I am the guy who ordered the conversion from Ron. I believe that the paint job is going to carry the model, as the signature gold is also a pretty recognizable trait. As far as the conversion work goes, it is top notch. I will definitley post a picture when I'm done painting it.

Archived