Count-as meltagun

So I want to do an melta honour guard, but I want it fluffy too. That means banner bearer and some sort of sergeant. Thing is, it seems unlikely in my mind that these two marines would be carrying around full-size meltas, so I had the idea to convert twin-linked Infernus pistols that would act as a count-as meltagun.

My questions is: would you have a problem with this in general? What about if this popped up in a tournament?

remember to point it out to your opponent. "This squad all has meltaguns." put it in the list properly and have a copy for them to keep an eye on.

If I came to you said "look my my space captain has a pair of proton pistols that count as a proton rifle. Is that alright?" do you think you would have a problem? would you find it difficult to remember?

Well, I have a tactical marine with two bolt pistols that count as his bolter...

I'm assuming you're intending to have both barrels on the same gun, though? I'd be okay with that. In fact, I'd like to see how you do it. Interesting idea.

The problem lies with your opponents, however. Make sure you are clear on what that piece of wargear represents and assure them that it only operates with the profile of a meltagun.

If you're thinking about cutting glueing and greenstuffing anyway, just put a strap on an existing Meltagun and hang it over the banner bearer's shoulder. That way no one can refuse you.

I didn't have a problem with it, and I checked with the GT staff at war hammer world, they didn't have an issued with it,

Hell I had one infernos pistol in each Hand counting as a single melta

Make sure you point it out in the list and on the mini before you start,

If anyone complains after that, you probably won't enjoy the game anyway....

If you are playing in a tournament it's best to go completely WYSIWYG. Someone might accidentally mistake it for a pistol, you blow up say a landraider or a battlewagon then they flip out on you... Not worth the potential grief in my honest opinion. Pickup|Friendly games no big deal probably - just make sure they know explicitly.

G :D

Black Orange is right. I've seen it happen. People like to win in tournaments, and when someone, suddenly, and out of the blue says, "that wasn't the seargent with PF, c-flamer, and meltabombs, it was this guy right next to where your plasma cannon didn't hit, didn't you notice that speck of white paint i put on his base to indicate it?" I then watched said sergeant take down a Land Raider. Epic Fail...

Just tell your opponent before hand. The general idea while you build up your army, is to make as much WYSIWYG as possible. That way if you didn't have time to add one or two PFs, it'll be simple to remember for your opponent.

We're wargamers, dammit! We proxy soda cans as dreadnoughts, sponges as battlewagons, quarters as hormaguants, poker chips as terminators, and yes, i've even cut out shapes that look like attack bikes out of paper (the dimensions were dead on, I swear!) so slapping two infernus pistols together to make a meltagun should be fine...and if they give you lip...tell 'em yo momma said to knock you out.

Easy way to do it to mount the Melta Gun under his fore arm. Or if you have to use the IP use the SG wrist mount and one of the hand held. Clip the front off the wrist version and some off the back of the other and the longer gun, glue them together and it should be pretty obvious.

Its fine. Ive had plenty of friends that have done similar.

Maybe keep a spare just in case, but if you explain it, and not be surreptitious about it then theres no need for concern. How difficult is it for your opponent to remember you saying "i dont have any infernus pistols in my army, this (these) are melta guns".

In a tourney you are possibly playing some people you don't know. There's no telling who you might happen to run across. Maybe it's not a big deal but then again you never really know. Ive seen people flip out over little things. It's silly but it can unfortunately happen.

G :tu:

Say exactly what it is before a single dice is rolled. And show him the model so he sees and recognises it throughout the game.

As long as you arent giving him 10 or 20 things to remember that are 'Counts As' it shouldnt be a problem.

If the tournament organiser says it is ok, and you have made it clear to your opponent before the game starts then that is a lapse in concentration on their part. Not 'gamesmanship' on yours.

But to save all hassle, just model a Meltagun on a shoulder strap or something. It's pretty easy to do.

Archived