TS Executioners

They look much more impressive than standard marines, i think. Very much a rich mans hobby. :woot:

I wouldn't say a rich mans army, if you have the right bitz sites you can get a squad together for the same if not a bit less then a standard Tactical squad. I'm using all stock Termie parts just because I had 20 Termies sitting around (from way back when they first released the plastics), when I finish the first 20 I'm going to use more of a mix of standard parts like arms and such GS'd accordingly. If you go for full Termie Trues Scale that's when it starts to swallow your wallet (and your sanity). Great progress by the way, your making me jealous with your sculpting-fu ;)

I suppose i could start searching ebay etc for termies, but at the moment this is a single squad project. I'll admit i feel better about the results as usually i loath this amount of conversion and even enjoyed it. I wont be fielding terminators, maybe do a character in TDA at somepoint.

Started painting though i'm testing some colours on spare bitz first.

Axe Brother Dargus - Tactical marine 98% done.

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/willmac81/SDC12599.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/willmac81/SDC12600.jpg

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n562/willmac81/SDC12601.jpg

Chapter Emblem

Cheers

Thanks man, i reckon it helps capture the spirit of the chapter.

I plan to put a few skulls on each of them, and perhaps a carcharodon hemet on the Sgts backpack. Not sure if they'd be allowed to keep trophies taken from "loyalists" though.

These guys are set during the 100 year crusade btw.

Looking fantastic, The colour is spot on! Im glad people are moving away from the first founding chapters. You were definatley right bout the new IA colour scheme being intimidating. Keep it up cant wait to see more.

:) Amazing paint job! Very well done and that head on the belt is just pure awesomeness!

In regards to you building an entire army of True Scale I get what you mean. At first I was all like "yes this is gonna be awesome and it wont be that hard on my wallet" but after building 5 guys I'm feeling like "I don't know if I can keep this up for an entire army" haha

Edit: Oh and did you paint the shoulder pad "lip"? I thought I didn't see you sculpt or glue a lip onto them. That is fantastic!

Hey guys, thanks very much.

I'd say this colour scheme is surprisingly easy to paint, it literally is just boltgun metal washed lightly in black then a 50 50 mix of blue and purple.

I decided to paint the shoulder trims rather than sculpt as it seemed easier.

• 2 years later...

An ancient post dredged up from the dusty archives...

Been away from Painting for a long time but have that itch again, found these miniatures after having moved.

Guess i'll have to start updating this thread again in the near future.

Let the heads Roll.. devil.gif

I plan to put a few skulls on each of them, and perhaps a carcharodon hemet on the Sgts backpack. Not sure if they'd be allowed to keep trophies taken from "loyalists" though.

Oh yes Carcharodon helmets you say? I think we have a problem, I know where your forum is and shall invade! Hopefully will end better than the Corcryan Massacre lol XD

Anyway great stuff look forward to the new updates ^_^

Oh yes Carcharodon helmets you say? I think we have a problem, I know where your forum is and shall invade! Hopefully will end better than the Corcryan Massacre lol XD

Anyway great stuff look forward to the new updates happy.png

Its ok, Sgt Stroyer is reputed to have taken heads from half a dozen chapters during the war, according to my old fluff, they havent been picking on the space sharks.

Just realised half my paints are dried out (including some no longer produced colours) will need to replace what i can...

I was only joking ^-^ I have no idea where the Corcryan Massacre is actually from other than wiki but it sounds really cool and I may have to make a diorama once I've finished my army and have some spare cash :)

The Corcyran Massacre (910.M41) - The event that became known in Imperial records as the Corcyran Massacre was discovered by an Imperial Navy patrol in 910.M41. The wreckage of a smugglers' base was discovered in the dust wastes of the forlorn world of Corcyra II. Within the base was a nightmarish scene of carnage and destruction rarely witnessed before by men. A bloody battle had been fought between two sub-company-sized forces of Space Marines from the Executioners and the Carcharodons Chapters. These two Chapters, both infamous for their savagery and unyielding stances towards their foes, had fought each other to mutual annihilation. The base around them was ripped apart, its former inhabitants now mouldering into dust. Many of the bodies of both sides showed signs of having fought on despite suffering horrendous wounds, severed limbs and massive trauma that should have felled even an Astartes, and several were found locked in deathly, gore-splattered embraces, striking at their foes with their last ebbing strength. It is not known which Chapter's last warrior survived to the end to claim a bitter victory. Neither Chapter has acknowledged any survivors of the massacre living to tell of what happened at Corcyra II.

Sorry for the block of text in remove it if you wish. But anyway that sucks about your paints mate :/ what ones do they no longer do? (just curious I doubt I can help unfortunately)

Archived